K11 wishbone ball joint nut

I had to take my wishbone off driver side to get drive shaft in, now the thread on the wish bone ball joint is going round and round, it's going any tighter, can it be need new wishbone ?

Stick something in the split pin hole, Allen key, hold the threaded bit in place while u tighten up, works for me

i always just undid the wishbone mounts, its so much easier than getting at that ball joint.i would reccommend my track-rod end method. you'll need a set of plumbing pliers and a big set of mole grips. clamp the balljoint with the plumbing pliers then clamp them shut with the mole grips. you should have enough room to fit a spanner on until it bites, then socket it up nice and tight.

You are done in if you didnt keep backing of the nut and keep cleaning the thread over and over.

i had to cut my thread with a hacksaw

It came off easy now when fitting the nut back on it stops half way and spins the bottom as am turning the nut, I had jack under it, clamps, and it wouldn't tighten I think it's got a tread gone,

you could try getting someone to lever the leg downwards with a scaff pole abdul, the weight of the car is obviously not enough to stop it spinning

Sorry frank I didn't get wat u mean by leg down lever ?
the suspension leg dude, shove a long pole in somewhere and get a mate to push down on it.
jacking 1 corner up will only exert about 300kg on the balljoint, it needs more pressure to stop it turning

the suspension leg dude, shove a long pole in somewhere and get a mate to push down on it.
jacking 1 corner up will only exert about 300kg on the balljoint, it needs more pressure to stop it turning
Thanks frank I tryed what u told me and got it all tighten up mate thanks

Back