K11 Wiring diagram

I've had a search and whilst I can see a fair amount of discussion about diagrams I haven't seen much in the way of answers.

Where can I get a decent set of wiring diagrams for a K11 Micra?

I'm looking to transplant the engine into another car so what I'm really interested in is the wiring for the engine/ECU and it's associated systems. I've found one diagram in .pdf form but it only shows one wire going to the NATS immobiliser which I find hard to believe.

My car is a late 90's 1.3 (I bought it a couple of days ago and haven't actually seen it yet - came through a mate in the trade) so I assume I'll have NATS of one flavour or another to deal with. Now I know it can be a bit of a sensitive subject talking about how to remove it because effectively you're giving pond life the instructions on how to steal the cars that have it fitted but I'm actually fairly keen to keep it. I can't use the Micra ignition barrel in the car it's going into but I'm thinking of keeping the transponder coil and cutting the metal part off the key to turn it into a keyring which will then need to be placed somewhere in the car to allow it to run. For those with the knowlege is this feasable? If it is then I can hopefully just transfer the whole lot to my car. Effectively I want to remove everything that's not engine related from the Micra loom to turn it into a standalone loom that I can just give some permanent and switched power plus some earths (OK there are some external to the engine things like fuel pump switching and the like).

Are the diagrams in Haynes anything like useful? I've found a huge variation between different Haynes manuals with some perfectly readable and some not worth the paper they are printed on.

Iain

non-NATS loom

k11-wiring-no-nat-jpg.17004

NATS loom

k11-wiring-nats-jpg.17005

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for those - the NATS one is the one I had found already and wasn't convinced about because it only shows that one wire going to "NATS Immu". Am i barking up the wrong tree thinking that is the "brains" of the NATS system or is that just the coil that reads the key? Or is it that there are other wires on the plug to that thing but they aren't seen on the diagram to keep it's workings secret?

Iain

i believe the barrel coil reads the key code, sends to ecu, which then compares to the seperate NATS control unit (cylinder looking device hidden in the left of bulkhead beside the fan motor) before enabling the ecu management system to work

Back