K11 Window winder glass 'seats'

AlexSi

Buy & Sell Member
Afternoon all,

My drivers side window has fallen off its runners again (glued the bolts back into the little plastic clips around a year ago and then a week ago) I think as the mechanism has got slightly bent each time it has fallen off coupled with a multiple glueing its just not holding any more.

Is it possible to get the little plastic pieces with the bolts attached new from Mr Nissan or is it a whole regulator jobby?

Once you've sorted the clip problem out, a good spray of silicone lubricant down each of the glass guide channels, should help prevent the glass from pulling out of the runners due to friction.

And while you've got the door panel off to reattach the glass, give the mechanism a good spray with silicone too.

Last edited:
Hi Frank, yeah I did rough it up although I was doing it in the rain in the dark so probably wasn't the best job. I may have another crack at it at the weekend and try bending the runners into better shape and lubing the channels. Just so busy at work at the moment id rather just do the job once with new bits then have to keep redoing it until it holds. So im guessing you can't pick up those plastic clips anywhere? Are they glued originally or moulded into the plastic?

The screen fitters use a chemical with a very long name on the glass to get it to stick eh, but some 80 grit paper will do the same sort of thing :)

It sticks to the glass fine, its the bolts coming away from the plastic holders that is the problem. I'm left with the two holders stuck to the glass and the two bolts sitting in the regulator not attached to the holders :(

Ah should have said that was a pic I robbed off google, my clips don't have the bolts attached to them

Reassemble with Araldite two pack resin and hardener, approximately £6 for 15 mL. Less is more as a little goes a very long way.

Follow the instructions, do it right do it once.

Thoroughly degrease and scour roughen the surfaces in preparation. ;)

Right problem solved, what I did is get a piece of thin rigid plastic (I used a corner bead from Upvc fascia) and cut it to the size of the face of the clip. I then drilled a hole in the require place just big enough for the thread of the bolt to pass through (bolt obviously not the head/hex part of the bolt), then did the usual cleaned and keyed everything and stuck the bolt into the hole with Araldite but then stuck the piece of plastic to the front of the clip. Added a rubber band each side to hold it tight while the glue goes off and voila! It wont pull out for love nor money due to instead of only needing enough force to pull the bolt from the hole it has to pull the bolt from the hole PLUS the piece of plastic which is stuck to the entire face of the clip. BOOM! Sorry I should have taken some pictures while I was doing it.

Same thing happened to be today, WHAM the window was in the bottom of the door. Hoping to find something lurking about I can make into a clip.

2vmya1w.jpg

Back