K11 Versions

Hi
My other half has a 2000 K11 micra. It's a bit scruffy but is very reliable and mechanically in great nick. It's done around 60,000 miles. She wants to keep the little thing and is probably attached to it more than she is to me. To tidy it up, she wants me to replace the bonnet (the paint is very crazed on hers) and replace the nearside front wing. It's a bit, well a lot rusty. I've seen a few replacement parts online but I'm a bit confused by some of the descriptions. Some talk about K11 B or K11 C or updated K11 or K11 Facelift. I'd be concerned about buying the wrong parts or maybe the wrong. Can anybody explain what these variants on the basic 'K11' description mean and which is the correct variant for a 2000 model?

Also, where can I find the correct paint code for it?

Thanks

You can get these special edition facelift (1998 onwards) which have the inward nostril grill (Inspiration, GX, Celebration)

Nissan_Micra_(K11)_Facelift.jpg

And the K11C I think is the one with the outwards nostril, 'grey bits' on the bumpers and skirts. Normally come in S, Activ, Tempest, Sport+ and SE

Nissan_Micra_front_20081017.jpg

It is confusing, your right!. If you contact seller and quote its a "yr 2000" and model type, that should be enough. All models made in yr 2000 should have the same bonnets and wings if that helps. Alternatively go to a good breakers, the benefit that you should be able to get wings and bonnet in the same colour and save yourself hassle and paint.

It is confusing, your right!. If you contact seller and quote its a "yr 2000" and model type, that should be enough. All models made in yr 2000 should have the same bonnets and wings if that helps. Alternatively go to a good breakers, the benefit that you should be able to get wings and bonnet in the same colour and save yourself hassle and paint.

Nope. Some 2000's were different to others.... K11c is the one with grey bits on bumpers made from 2000 onwards. The special edition was made 1998-2000 so overlapped

Thanks for the help on this.

It would appear that the 2000 Micra is a K11C in AJ4 - I found the colour code on the manufacturing plate behind the engine. Fortunately I've managed to find a local breaker with a decent bonnet and LH wing from a 99 model in the same colour. They've told me that the wings and bonnet are identical between the 99 and 2000 models.

Replacing the bonnet doesn't seem to be much of an issue according to what others have said. And having had a look at the wing, the only real problem would seem to be removing the retaining bolts intact especially those at the bottom of the panel which have been exposed to the elements for the past 13 years. Here's hoping that I don't shear the heads off them!

Nope. Some 2000's were different to others.... K11c is the one with grey bits on bumpers made from 2000 onwards. The special edition was made 1998-2000 so overlapped

Fair play...I stand corrected, told you it was confusing. Would be good to have a thread with a nice break down of Original, FL, a b c for future ref of anyone is up for it an has the know-how:)

I would ask,fits the rear number plate light from a 99 model in the prefacelift models do 92-97?

At my supers the lights are damage again :mad:

Back