a rough guide on how to replace a offside passenger wing 1999 k11

Im not an expert this was the first time i did this to my micra.

I was driving along when out of no where a wacking great range rover backed out on me , this is the damage and how i am repairing it...

08042011360.jpg

24042011374.jpg

1. jack up the car remove wheel.
2. remove inner wheel arch ( sorry no pics) there are 4 or 5 screws to undo ( use a star ened screw driver ( theres probly a proper name).

3. remove wing ( note you do not need to tack the bumper off if you have small hands) all places were the wing joins to the car use a 10mm socket.

24042011375red.jpg

4. acess damage for me i had to remove headlight, battery/casing, coolant bottle and the cool air feed . this is easy peasey just un plug everything and look for bolts to remove ( 3 on light, 2 under battery, 2 for cool air pipe behind it and 2 for coolant)

5. i used a hammer and a block of wood to repair my car and bought a new paenl for £40

6... more pics to come

hope this helps abit

Hi had a look at it and I see you have highlighted a bolt at the top of the door/wing how do you get to that one as I have had a look a for the life of me cannot see it? ( maybe I need glasses :cool:) cheers for any help meloned.

Hi had a look at it and I see you have highlighted a bolt at the top of the door/wing how do you get to that one as I have had a look a for the life of me cannot see it? ( maybe I need glasses :cool:) cheers for any help meloned.

You have to open the door to see it mate. I had a go at removing the old wing at the weekend and stopped when I realised I couldn't get to the one on the front near the bumper.