Wiper motor and linkage: are there left and right versions?

Hello, please can I have some advice about wipers?

The wipers on my Nissan Micra K12 have stopped working and the local garage have said I should get a new motor and linkage. They suggested I source the parts myself because they would only be able to get expensive genuine Nissan replacements.

I've found websites selling them but they all say "for left hand drive vehicles". Does it matter? Do either the motor or the linkage have different left and right versions? Or have I misunderstood ... the steering wheel on the right is called "right hand drive" isn't it?

Mine is right hand drive my wipers swipe toward the driver side..
The motor is on the passenger side.

Does your wiper motor run and the wipers won't move or does the wipers not move and motor not run?

Right hand drive is correct for us here in uk.

I'm not sure if they are different but imagine that they probably swipe the the driver side on the left in Europe?

What I can confirm is I changed the wiper linkages and now my from wipers sound ver loud I'm tempted to swap the wipers back to the old ones just to see if it's those not the linkages.
One of the rubber dampeners is missing tho what the linkages attach to I think this is also part of what I hear.

The rear is pretty silent that's what I want the front to be like..

It's came from an eBay seller I decided to pay more than the cheaper one they are not very expensive and it takes about 20 or so mins to replace provide you have the correct tools.

That looks good it's more than just the arms that move the arms with bushes was all I got.

Just go on ebay and you should find one and better still if you find a beaker you may be able to get the whole thing meaning including the motor.

Last edited:
Back