k11 third brake light

well just aquired one from an early facelift from the scrappy for zilch :)

so i come to wire in the loom ect and find that one of the plugs is different . basicaly the one that was there before was a rectangle with 4 spaces of wires, 1 which was empty, the one that came with the light looks like 2rectanges ontop of eachother, one smaller than the other, and it has a red wire that goes from the plug to the third light its self.

so im wondering, is it simply a case of putting the red wire into the old plug and hey presto? or is more involved? will try to get a crappy paint drawing up asap.

btw mines a prefacelift

should be really simple. pictures would help, but should be a case of cutting into the existing brake light wiring put positive to positive and negative to negative,
hide your wiring and bobs your uncle and lights your aunt. (Y)

Edit: Oh and i am planning this in the near future so if you don't do it. i can help more when i aquire mine :p

Haha i will when i get back from america :) basically i think i went around it completly the wrong way buy hey haha. I changed the whole wire loom from the right rear light up to the boot, from a preface lift one to a face lift one. It was a complete female dog to change. Anywho i noticed an extra wire,a orange one iirc, which i either dont have or isnt wired through. Thats where my mate comes in. He said if it was him, he's a bmw owner, he would piggy back from the brake light.

So yea in short il get some pics up when i get back :D

Back