Centre Brake Light

Hi all,
Quick question - did all 1998 (R reg) micras come fitted with 3 brake lights? Just asking as it would appear mine has been taken out by a previous owner, there are mounts and 2 wires that don't connect to anything in the boot where the light would be - and the car failed an MOT back in 2010 for 'Centre stop lamp not working'.
How difficult would it be to wire a new one up?

Do you have a feed going to the brake light? of not then that could be the reason it was removed, The MOT states that all stop lights have to be working unless they can be proven to be unplugged or unwired up.

OP
OP
Tom Tandy
Thanks for your reply,
I'll get the multimeter out later and have a look if there's any voltage in the wires when the pedal is pressed, I strongly suspect there was once one fitted as when I was looking through the MOT history of the vehicle it failed in 2010 for the lamp not working. I imagine the owner thought it would be easier to just remove it than replace it, as an item can only be tested if it is present.

Aha, thanks although she's looking a little sorry for her self right now not had the time to wash her this year and then I had a little problem with a pheasant yesterday..