K11 spares wanted - Perth area

CMF_qwerty132

» CMF Member
Hold on a sec... Are you in Australia? Or the UK??
I dont know if it would be worth posting over seas.. Postage costs would be more than the lights lol...

If you are in Perth WA let me know.
Ill investigate postage costs tomorrow.

qwerty132

CMF_Micra_Mann

» CMF Member
I'm in Perth, but I also have a house in Ballasalla (Isle of Man).
I need the spares in Perth. Micra spares are plentiful in the UK, I just wish they ran them here from '93 to perhaps around '01 like they did in the UK. Quite strange that there are relatively so few in Aus, I used to work at Athol Garage (1945) ltd who were a Nissan dealer back home, I lost track of how many Micra's went through our place. Lucky for me I went to the launch of the then 'New Primera' in I think '97 at the Nissan factory in Sunderland. We got a tour of the Micra production line, a sight to behold!
Funny that the Japanese sent factory managers from the Japanese plant to see how the Brits were building the car better than the Japanese produced model, a first for British manufacturing!!

Micra_Mann WROTE:

" Quite strange that there are relatively so few in Aus,

not really. nissan australia or for that matter, most aussie car companys are pretty slow.. they don't bring over anything interesting.. and when they do its because the overseas market is sick of that model and/or they are about to stop production and wana get rid of the bits and pieces. took nissan australia something like 5 years or so.. maybe more to get the k12 here.. and when we do get it, its a ****in 4 door auto? lol. why bother. how exactly was the uk version built better then the jap one?

CMF_qwerty132

» CMF Member
Micra_Mann WROTE:

"<BR>qwerty123, what sort of money you got on the units, and what are postal rates like in OZ?<BR>

Hey,
Sorry, the reason I ask Aus or UK is that there is a Perth in Scotland somewhere as well, isnt there? lol.

I will send you an email soon...

I usually post stuff through work but Im on holidays at the moment so I cant check to see what postage will be.

Ill let you know.

qwerty132

CMF_Micra_Mann

» CMF Member
As I recall I think the quality of the build finish was better, but that could have been a factoy ploy to keep competition in the workplace high!
Was the Micra only built in the UK and the March only in Japan? Which was the official import into Aus? I've never seen a March around Perth although I've seen a couple of dozen Micra's. Surely would have been cheaper to send the March if they are from Japan rather than the Micra? perhaps there really is something in the build quality?!
I so want the black steering wheel from a airbag K11, that ****ty old style one just looks and feels crap.
Does anyone have the facelift K11's in Aus? not seen one around yet.

I went to Japan in 2000 and saw some strange Micra/March creations, they looked like the old MK2 Jag at the front and rear, but were obviously Micra/March based due to the giveaway side doors. Think I saw one with a Merc front too.

Hearing them launch the K12 here made me laugh a little, as I rember them launching it in perhaps '02? Having only been in Aus for a little over a year it came as a surprise that they didn't have it a lot sooner. Someone told me it's based on the Renault Clio floorpan and running gear?

Yep, Perth is in Scotland too, a darn sight colder than Perth WA!

CMF_climberjoel

» CMF Member
micra man - no we didnt get the facelift micras here, and what do you mean by march? as in japanese k11? all out micras were from england...

there was a post with some photos of the front end converson jdm micras a while back, looked pretty wrong!

k11mal - nice 5 stud conversion! what subaru parts were used? this is the first ive heared of anyone in aus doing this... nice one!

CMF_Micra_Mann

» CMF Member
Hmm...

Attachments

• 44514.jpg
    44514.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 27

CMF_K11MAL

» CMF Member
climberjoel WROTE:

"micra man - no we didnt get the facelift micras here, and what do you mean by march? as in japanese k11? all out micras were from england...<BR><BR>there was a post with some photos of the front end converson jdm micras a while back, looked pretty wrong!<BR><BR>k11mal - nice 5 stud conversion! what subaru parts were used? this is the first ive heared of anyone in aus doing this... nice one!

Micra_Mann WROTE:

"Still need one Mal, where are you and what's the price?<BR><BR>PS. Like your Micra, pretty cool....

EMAIL ME WITH YA NUMBER TO, [email protected] WILL SORT SOMETHING OUT.

CMF_Micra_Mann

» CMF Member
K11MAL WROTE:

"climberjoel WROTE:<BR><BR>"micra man - no we didnt get the facelift micras here, and what do you mean by march? as in japanese k11? all out micras were from england...<BR><BR>there was a post with some photos of the front end converson jdm micras a while back, looked pretty wrong!<BR><BR>k11mal - nice 5 stud conversion! what subaru parts were used? this is the first ive heared of anyone in aus doing this... nice one! "</DIV><BR><BR>
Micra_Mann WROTE:<BR><BR>"Still need one Mal, where are you and what's the price?<BR><BR>PS. Like your Micra, pretty cool...."</DIV><BR><BR>EMAIL ME WITH YA NUMBER TO, [email protected] WILL SORT SOMETHING OUT.

K11MAL WROTE:

"climberjoel WROTE:<BR><BR>"micra man - no we didnt get the facelift micras here, and what do you mean by march? as in japanese k11? all out micras were from england...<BR><BR>there was a post with some photos of the front end converson jdm micras a while back, looked pretty wrong!<BR><BR>k11mal - nice 5 stud conversion! what subaru parts were used? this is the first ive heared of anyone in aus doing this... nice one! "</DIV><BR><BR>
Micra_Mann WROTE:<BR><BR>"Still need one Mal, where are you and what's the price?<BR><BR>PS. Like your Micra, pretty cool...."</DIV><BR><BR>EMAIL ME WITH YA NUMBER TO, [email protected] WILL SORT SOMETHING OUT.

Have mailed you...

Back