K11 Snorkel

I got around to to removing the air intake for the K11 with the intention of fitting a snorkel.

That said, I'm struggling to find ap lace to pass though the bodywork. The best place would seem to be behind the coolant expansion tank, but not too sure where to put that if I remove/move it!

Any ideas/suggestions?

M.

Went to have a play today...

If I route it out the driver side, it would be quite easy (just move a few pipes, look like washer fluid pipes?).

That said, passing out the passenger side would be a cleaner run, with less twists and turns... but I would need to move the coolant overflow tank somewhere else.

So, I'm hoping that someone knows of an alternative to having the overflow tank bolted to the side of the car?

M.

Went to have a play today...

If I route it out the driver side, it would be quite easy (just move a few pipes, look like washer fluid pipes?).

That said, passing out the passenger side would be a cleaner run, with less twists and turns... but I would need to move the coolant overflow tank somewhere else.

So, I'm hoping that someone knows of an alternative to having the overflow tank bolted to the side of the car?

M.

Could always take the overflow tank out.

I did and let the pipe drain to the floor.

Interesting, but given that we'll be in the desert for ~2 weeks, I think I want an overflow (it does feed back into the expansion tank when it cools down, doesn't it?)

What about something like this?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9ATBCZG0099101
(yes it's an american site, but I'm sure I can get something similar in the UK... )..

I quite like this (and reckon the k11 has enough space for something similar)
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UNIVERSAL...rcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item566af184d9
How hard can it be to weld a pipe shut, and put two nipples on it?

Last edited:
yes there is a little 2 way valve in the rad cap M, so it sucks the coolant back into the rad as it cools down.
i binned my tank years ago, it just means you run with a 1" airgap in the top of the red

there,s no pressure involved (its not an expansion tank, just a catch tank) so any container will suffice :)

Back