Micra not starting!!!

Hi, need some help here.. a mate uses his car for work every day without fail and goes to start it in the morning and oesnt fire up.. ive checked for spark for the leads and it sparks!! theres fuel in the car and the pump works as it pumps fuel when i take out the pipe from the fuel filter!! cant seem to figure out why it doesnt fire up, is there any common fault with micras due to this problem ?

Thanks in advance!!

J

Hi, no, the fuel is unleaded.. just wont fire up, i was told a common problem lies somewhere in towards the throttlebody air flow sensor... but an expensive error to make if bought!! :grinning:

j

j, if it firesup then cuts out when you drop a bit of fuel down the t/b, it could be an injector fuse/wiring problem :)

I'm no expert but I think the real experts would like a little more info, eg does it start for a few seconds then cut out. Had this on my car and it was a fuel pump fuse but you said that was working. I know that there can be problems with NATS that causes similar symptoms.

Hi guys, thanks for your kind replies, ok the fuel pump works as it primes the fuel lines. The dist/ign gives spark to the sparks the fuel is right!! ive done a few checks and found that the MAF sensor air sensor is missing or broke off so to say which isnt detecting adequate air to fuel so its fueling more to air if you see what i mean!.. at times it tries to fire up but cant, so i took out the sparks and the probes are all black and oily and wet with petrol ..... ive got hold of another MAF unit and serviced the car today and it now fires up with the turn of the key and ticks like a rolex watch... sweet!! i appreciate your help and replies!!! now getting paid from customer and i need a set of new suspension and lowering springs if anyone has any for sale!! shocks i need has to be new but springs not bothered 35mm or lower the better !!!!!!!!!1

Regards

J

mate check the fuel pump fuse the sockets become very corroded, chop em off and crimp spades on to them then new fuse works a treat (if it is that problem of course)

Back