k11 mods

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cracker

hi, im new here and im goin to be 17 at the end of the year and my dad wants to get me a nisssan micra k11, but i want to know how it can be modified, how easily it can be modified and what bodykits are avaliable for it and where can i get them from. im into all this modifying business as are most teenagers. this wasnt one of the cars that i would want as a first but as i have seen some nicely done micra's, and its changed my opinion about them grately

cheers

cracker

hahaha unless ur willing to spend in the ££££'s for a direct fit, it wil be a custom job which could still ocst around that. Most k11's are custom

good lad buy a micra

your dads got good taste m8 stick wiv him n ya cant go far wrong,,

good luck

lol well i actually wanted to go on my dads insurance for his toyota mr2 twin cam 16v, but he wants me to have my own insurance so im gona get a micra, first off im gona slap on a set of alloys and mabye try and mod the exterior, but i want to mod the engine, so it sounds cool, and is quicker. i.e. k&n induction kit, power flow exhaust, mabye get a little turbo & dump valve and chip it.

lol gona be quite nice when done.

cheers

cracker

cracker said:
i.e. k&n induction kit, power flow exhaust, mabye get a little turbo & dump valve and chip it.

cracker

Hrm, reckon you'll do the first two, but can't really see the last ones!
:kungfu:

extend the bonnet and dump in a v12 24ltr!!!

then laugh... just laugh MUHAHAHAHAHAHA

The best form of modding is just filling your car with LED's, that's what im in the process of doing. Fitted my green LED sidelights and LED interior light, just ordered my LED gearknob and looking for other LED related things, should look hilarious when i'm done!

Haha, LED washer jets, LED ariel, LED valve caps, LED exhaust tip, LED under car kit! List is endless!

Attachments

• sparks.jpg
    sparks.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 399
  • beast 2.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 355
Some of u guys are reallllllly clueless arent ya, cant u see this guy is actually after advice instead of u lot just bitching!

A couple of u are just posting blatant crap at the moment....

Save it for msn....

Some people wonder why new members dont have around, now i know why.....

yea but you first mod is to your personal preference.

i went for interior/exterior lighting and then moved onto engine mods

it depends on:

avalability (how close to hellfrauds you are)
budget (no cash is no good)
free time (if you use your car every day then forget the turbo)
taste (do you want a show car or a rally car)

so nobody can give good advice :down:

If you're going to get a K&N 57i Kit, make sure that you don't get the upright cone one. It's gets knackered really quickly as the bonnet comes down on top of it.

Ask for the flat, circular one (will get the part number for you if I still have the box). You'll need an elbow for the oil breather but they're easy to find.

BroomDJ said:
If you're going to get a K&N 57i Kit, make sure that you don't get the upright cone one. It's gets knackered really quickly as the bonnet comes down on top of it.

Ask for the flat, circular one (will get the part number for you if I still have the box). You'll need an elbow for the oil breather but they're easy to find.

or just get a seperate oil breather. £6 hellfrauds

because you may end up loosing your intuction into the cam chamber

i'm not sure but it's alot easier just to chuck on a seperate filter.

ive gone for the Under Car Neons upto now in Green ;) Looks sweet on a Red K11 Micra :)

Got the Dashboard Lights changed to Green and the interior light changed to green. and Gearknob is next.

Before doing anything to inprove engine if your trying to keep your insurance down Dont do it. Some companies i asked wouldnt even insure me with engine mods untill i was 25 and then other would but all over £1200 even with my partner with him being named driver he is 24 with 3 years no claims one company wanted 1700!!!! I finally got my insurance with Budget for 637 which was brill as im still only learning but i have no engine mods for now (Only had the car 2 weeks) im just looking at the interior just got nismo pedals, carbon dash kit but none in yet as still waiting for it to turn up oh and all my new subs and speakers

My point of view would be just as i have done concentrate on the inside if your still learning just incase u have some small bumps.

Lindax

m 17 and almost passed my test and use a micra

trust me i thought i hated them, there a real nice motor, jus needs a bit more get up and go

Before doing anything to inprove engine if your trying to keep your insurance down Dont do it. Some companies i asked wouldnt even insure me with engine mods untill i was 25 and then other would but all over £1200 even with my partner with him being named driver he is 24 with 3 years no claims one company wanted 1700!!!! I finally got my insurance with Budget for 637 which was brill as im still only learning but i have no engine mods for now (Only had the car 2 weeks) im just looking at the interior just got nismo pedals, carbon dash kit but none in yet as still waiting for it to turn up oh and all my new subs and speakers

My point of view would be just as i have done concentrate on the inside if your still learning just incase u have some small bumps.

Lindax

not entirely true. when i 1st passed, i already had my car on alloys, with induction kit and a back box. insurance was £800 or so. spose that was tpft, but still. cheaper than £1200

It was just the troubles i had and my boyf with his seat arosa sports. Who did you go with so i know who to check first once the time comes to try and find a better deal? It was just something to think about

Being 17 Didnt know if he was still of provisnal.

RE: RE: RE: k11 mods

Curdy said:
Andy_S said:
Got the Dashboard Lights changed to Green

How easy is it to change dashboard lights?

very easy. Just unscrew the dashboards cover (One next to Ignition Key and one above the steering Coloum but far in. Then pull the plugs out of the Dash and the Speedo Cable. Make sure u know what goes where. Then just twist the correct light caps and take out the lights. mine are just the same standard bulbs but in Green.

WOW guys, thanks for all of the replys, really helpful. dont suppose anyone can tell me if there is an insurance company they are with that will insure me at 17 on a 1ltr micra tpft by my self for under £1000, also was woundering if there was anyone who could tell me of any bodykits for this model of the micra, i read a couple of posts saying to modify the interior first and mabye the exterior but to stay away from the engine for a while. well thanks for all the help, im really wanting a micra now.

cheers

cracker

Id try Micrar suggestion he went with CIS he mentioned it cheap. If not try Budget im with them Im 19, and havnt passed my test yet. I have got a k11 T reg 1999 1lt 3 door and im the only one on my insurance. Its on third party, fire and theft for a year but it costed me about 630. U can do it all over the net. There is also one that you fill out all your details and it searches loads for you and gives you the results

Good luck.

1) You need to be a member on the MSC to sell
2) This thread is over 5 years old!

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back