K11 Micra ECU coded to keys?

S

Sinky

Hi, noticed this forum around and would like some info from any of you guys.

I own a 96 micra and recently snapped the key in the drivers door and buggered the lock tryin to fix it fwn. I phoned up the breakers and they have a full set of locks which would fit the car, but asked me if the keys are coded to the cars ECU, otherwise the ingnition barrell and key won't correspond with my current ECU??? Does anyone know if this is true or not?

Also if i replaced my ECU with an ECU from another micra, would the car still run? I am pressuming it will?

Cheers in advance guys.

Did your key have a asmall red piece of plastic int it? If so, then it will have a NATS immobiliser and will only work with that key/ecu setup. If you swap the ecu for a non NATS one then you will be able to use any key, I am 99% sure of it :)

mines got NATS all over the key and in the windows and a BLUE bit in the key ? ? ?

if that helps anyone at all

mike

To get around this problem, replace the ECU with a NON nats ecu, the car will start then without any problems, and wont require the coded key..

the receiever for the nats is on the back of the barrel afaik so when you change the ignition barrel it should change with it, if not the chip comes outta the key if you pull the red bit of plastic out and you can just swap that round if needed

Back