k11 heater resistor card

see the card ,where the resisitor is on it-you just bridge that
and it should work on all settings
just blob a spot of solder over the whole resisitor

What you will need
A. 1 blown heater resistor card
B. sandpaper
C. Some form of cleaning solvent (carb/MAF cleaner)
D. Soldering iron and solder wire

Method
1. Remove the heater card from the car.
2. When you remove it you will see the place it has burnt, there is a corroded rectangle of metal in the center of the card, sand this with sandpaper until you can see the two square contacts with a gap between, you are actually able to remove all of the old "resistor" by sanding if you are a sucker for detail.
3. Once you have unveiled the two contacts clean the card and prepare for soldering.
4. Solder across the gap between the two contacts, ensuring the solder grips well, if it doesnt stick to the card, sand it back a little more as solder wont stick to the burnt "resistor"
5. Plug into the wiring loom and test the heater, if it works, put it all back together and relax with four heater settings. if it doesnt, take it off, sand it back and start again.

NOTE : if the heater card itself has rusted you may not be able to repair it.

If you buy new from Nissan then it will look similair to this one :

Card.jpg

The broken one you currently have will look similar to this:

DSC01658.jpg

Those are Almera resistor cards, the only difference between these and micra ones are the width of the card.

Interesting. Think I'll just get a new one tbh. Is the price really £39 + VAT though?? Just want to make sure they weren't trying to rip me off.

Wish I'd joined a few years ago. Nissan shareholders must be about three heater resistor cards richer by now.... luckily my first micra is now off road and good for spares so ready with the soldering iron.

Thanks to all of you for the useful advice,

Stefan

Back