Headlight problem

Hi! I have a problem when one headlight is on normally and the other is just a sidelight and if I push for full beam, the other side goes normal and the one that was working goes on to side light haha

If I do it fast it looks like a police car! Sometimes it corrects itself but now it seems to be stuck like that. It's a super s so has the extra lights on bumper.

Confused!!

Last edited:

MicraPRO

Part Of The Furniture
I had the same problem... Was my own fault.
Have you had problems with the headlights before...? When I had this issue the wires were actually in the wrong place if you have a multimeter test all wires are correct.
I'd check for damaged wiring shorting on metal... In short start again!

MicraPRO

Part Of The Furniture
I bypassed it on mine when It would stay on all the time.
That's the first super s I've ever know to have it then :) apologies :)

OP
OP
gratts
It comes back on after it's warmed up but not on it's own, I have to press stalk in like I'm putting it on full beam, driving me crackers haha

OP
OP
gratts
I had the same problem... Was my own fault.
Have you had problems with the headlights before...? When I had this issue the wires were actually in the wrong place if you have a multimeter test all wires are correct.
I'd check for damaged wiring shorting on metal... In short start again!
Comes and goes, when I've driven for 5 mins it comes back on so it's possibly the switch but I'm baffled

MicraPRO

Part Of The Furniture
Just had the steering column open, no sign of a dim dip, just wires, no relays! All fuses are ok, no obvious corrosion
It's right tucked up inside the dash if you remove the clock dome and shine a torch down the right hand side you should see the control
Box for it it's a bugger to get to!
Multimeter? I'd check for breakdown of wiring... If it comes and goes it could be a jolt from the road shaking something loose.

OP
OP
gratts
It's right tucked up inside the dash if you remove the clock dome and shine a torch down the right hand side you should see the control
Box for it it's a bugger to get to!
Multimeter? I'd check for breakdown of wiring... If it comes and goes it could be a jolt from the road shaking something loose.
So it's going to be a pain isn't it haha
MOT next week too

OP
OP
gratts
It's a micra! So yes most probs...
Eeek get testing you wiring!
Going to try a new switch, will that fit my 93 super s ok?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 284
Put on lights and move wires about I'd say n/s light wires infront off battery ul see a bit off a loom there were the lights cum out