k11 facelift flashing light??

magpie

Buy & Sell Member
Hello

looking at getting a replacement k11 for the super S the misses wrote off.

been offered an R reg k11 facelift 1.3 gx at a good price

test drove it and everything seems good only issue seems to be a red flashing light on the dash thats been covered over.

basically can someone possibly tell me what it is? its above and to the left of the speedo in about the 11 o'clock position relative to the speedo.

advance thanks to anyone who can help :)

it sounds like the airbag light to me. it'd probably just need going to nissan to re-set the faults. mines been on for a while because i fitted an aftermarket steering wheel and turned the ingition on before inserting the required resistor. now i can't get rid of the ######. it's only a 5 min job at nissan, but they know how to charge for a diagnostic check! and you can't just take the bulb out cos it's a soldered in led!!!

swiper...thanks for the reply.

any good cheap fixes??????

if not does fitting a sports steering wheel and disableing the light make this MOT passable??

Reset ecu, disconect terminals, touch positive and negative together then leave disconnected for 24hrs.

hi wrenchable

thanks for the input but could you give me some more info

how to reset ecu

disconnect which terminalls

which pos and neg to touch together....thanks

sorry, the battery terminals, the 2 cables coming off of the battery. Unscrew them both, touch the two cable together once then just leave disconnected over night. Think its the nats light flashing, never noticed whether my one flashes whilst driving!

Think its the nats light flashing, never noticed whether my one flashes whilst driving!

there is no dedicated nats light, the engine check light (orange light) flashes up for nats. the airbag light (red light) is at 11 o'clock, but not sure off hand about the engine check light position. but if the nats (engine) light is flashing, the engine wouldn't start.

little update

light now sorted and not flashing managed to find some info of the net and reset the airbag system.

many thanks to all who replied

little update

light now sorted and not flashing managed to find some info of the net and reset the airbag system.

many thanks to all who replied

can you show the guide/info you've found? it may help out other members, cheers

this is the info i used

First you have to put the system into the diagnostic mode. Here's how to do this:

From User Mode To Diagnosis Mode:
Diagnosis Mode activates only when a malfunction is detected, by pressing the driver's door switch at least 5 times within 7 seconds after turning the ignition "ON". SRS will not enter Diagnosis Mode if no malfunction is detected.

From Diagnosis Mode to User Mode:
After a malfunction is repaired, switch the ignition "OFF" for at least 1 second , then back "ON". Diagnosis Mode returns to User Mode. If switching Diagnosis Mode to User Mode is required while malfunction is being detected, switch the ignition "OFF", then back "ON" and press the driver's door switch at least 5 times within 7 seconds.

After a malfunction is repaired, return to User Mode from Diagnosis Mode by switching the ignition "OFF" for at least 1 second, then back "ON". At that time, the problem code is cleared.

**basically all i did was switch on the ignition then press the drivers door switch(rubber covered courtesy light switch on B pillar) light blinked diferently then i switched ignition off for more than 1 second then back on airbag fault and flashing light was cleared

this is the info i used

First you have to put the system into the diagnostic mode. Here's how to do this:

From User Mode To Diagnosis Mode:
Diagnosis Mode activates only when a malfunction is detected, by pressing the driver's door switch at least 5 times within 7 seconds after turning the ignition "ON". SRS will not enter Diagnosis Mode if no malfunction is detected.

From Diagnosis Mode to User Mode:
After a malfunction is repaired, switch the ignition "OFF" for at least 1 second , then back "ON". Diagnosis Mode returns to User Mode. If switching Diagnosis Mode to User Mode is required while malfunction is being detected, switch the ignition "OFF", then back "ON" and press the driver's door switch at least 5 times within 7 seconds.

After a malfunction is repaired, return to User Mode from Diagnosis Mode by switching the ignition "OFF" for at least 1 second, then back "ON". At that time, the problem code is cleared.

**basically all i did was switch on the ignition then press the drivers door switch(rubber covered courtesy light switch on B pillar) light blinked diferently then i switched ignition off for more than 1 second then back on airbag fault and flashing light was cleared
Is the 'drivers door switch' simply the button on the key that opens the door?

If not, what is it? I'm not sure I know what 'B Pillar' is.

Thanks!

hoody

A pillar is f/screen, C pillar is r/ screen, B pillar is in between
rubber/plastic courtesy light switch is usually near the bottom

frank

Back