K11 Engine changes 2000

Hi there, first post on this forum....
I was just wondering what engine changes were made to the car during the facelift in 2000 to raise the power to 59hp? Wondering as am about to buy one to enter a junior rally championship and am curious as there are restrictions on what engine modifications can be done so starting with more power is good....!
Cheers

One of the things I was thinking about.... Shame as that is something that can't be changed due to the regs :( Thanks for the quick reply though :)

i,ve compared the heads, cams, manifolds etc, and the only difference i can find is the longer/single cat on the coilpack k11,s (that looks very restrictive) and the different sensor setup (crank and cam sensors, and coil-over-plug on coilpack)

And its the silverstone juniour championship so there is no hope in hell of me acheiving 85 hp from the micra seeing as its a atock championship,its all down to skill really.... Something which i lacked last rally....

you will be suprised how much power you will need look at the f1000 boys skill is the last thing you need the boy with the quickest car allways wins not the best driver

Yeah... F1000's develop roughly 80-90bhp, hardly stock. It's why Silverstone set up this championship so that its more about skill than money, which is always the best way for it to be run imo

Well the championship is fairly small atm... Only handful of people, all of us have trained at silverstone thpugh so are all good mates and Andy, the championship director, is the guy thats builds and mintains the majority of cars anyway and wouls not alow cheating... I can post more info if anyone is interested, and the f1000's can join as long as the cars meet the specs if they want to get into a proper stock championship :p

a lloyd exhaust system and pre-coilpack manifold should give some good gains, and dialing the cams will help, and some other subtle changes should get you near 80hp :)

Yeah, id though about the exhaust sytem and obvious air intake options, would hope for aay 15hp from that? Thanks for the help and information :)

Slightly off topic. I did the Lincoln Green stages in September, I saw the Silverstone cars, there were only 3 I think. Strange there isn't a round there either?

Yeah.... Was only the three there... Number at the next rally were at should be 5,i was in the white micra with black bumpers, what were you in?

Back