K11 988cc 3 door 70000mi very sore on petrol HELP!!!!

hey my 1997 k11 mirca is very sore on petrol there is 70000 on it and run and drives 100% so what could be the problem dosent matter what type of petrol i put in it, still the same so if any of yous have any ideas let me know??

I've had the same problem recently. Traced it down to a broken vacuum hose on the back of the TB. Also, the points and rotor in the distributor were quite oxidized and there were massive carbon deposits on the spark plugs. And no, it shouldn't matter what petrol you use, but when i can afford it and on long drives, I like to use the mid grade stuff. I use the high grade when I want to have some fun and when driving in very hot weather(not that we get that here.. I used to live in a desert) as it tends to run a little cooler. Some people say that the high grade will increase your economy though, but I don't think it's true.. or at least not enough difference to offset the extra cost.

Couldn't hurt. You may want to go ahead and change the oil while you are at it. when you are finished with everything, take a drive around the block, you will think it's a new car. :)

Couple months back I had really bad fuel consumption, only got 188 miles from a brimmed tank, light footed driving just to see difference from heavy footing which I got 145, changed oil, oil filter, rad flush and coolant swap, checked sparks, and now I'm getting 288 roughly being heavy footed and tyre pressures at 40psi

Oo.. another thought, are you letting your car idle to warm up in the mornings? That, and driving in snow, or on snow tyres, will increase consumption. Tyre pressure will affect it a lot as well.

Couple months back I had really bad fuel consumption, only got 188 miles from a brimmed tank, light footed driving just to see difference from heavy footing which I got 145, changed oil, oil filter, rad flush and coolant swap, checked sparks, and now I'm getting 288 roughly being heavy footed and tyre pressures at 40psi
full service it is then lol cheers

Back