K10T write-off

Super S 1.5T

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
I'm very down:down:

Some idiot pulled out on me, saying he didn't see me!!
btw i wasn't speeding! doing 30

its a write-off for sure
the n/s corner of it is pushed down and in..

Umar

I'm sorry to hear that Umar. :(

Unfortunately, no matter how carefull you drive... you can't know of how others drive - pull out of junctions.

I hope you can get it fixed.

-Elliot

damn man, realy ****ty thing is, that not only have you lost a car but with modified cars you can never get all that work you put into it back, hope you put it in another k10 or fix that one tho, 1.5t k10 is a realy unique thing, dont do what alot do and get another car :s

RE: RE: K10T write-off

Mark said:
sorry to hear it mate, do u have any plans of putting your engine in another K10?
That's exactly what I thought; find another K10 with a mint bodyshell and stodgy engine and transfer all the bits across- engine, suspension, ICE etc. I don't know what the insurance company'll do with ur old car if u write it off though.

Aw no way man, is there any way you can fix it? If the insurance co want to pay out as a write off, try buy it back off them and get it fixed, or atleast strip it and start a new K10! Can the mounts be swopped over or do you have to start it all over again?

yeah its true about modded cars.
you don't get it all back..

if i get it back, then i will most likely BREAK IT:down:

because i have no time and money to spend on more stuff like this anymore
cos i still have my other K10TURBO to complete too

theres hardly any decent allround condition k10s left out there.
the mounts would need to be chopped and rewelded into the new one aswell as rewiring it all in, cos i was using 1 complete loom only- which would be a pain to do again.

So i have satdown and thought about it and i reckon breaking the Super ST would be best.

i shall be writing in BUY and Sell section soon with the list of things from this car that i'll part.

btw i have noticed..
every1 seems to be more bothered about the car!

NO-one asked if i was OK?
it just shows what you really are like.
gr

Very sorry to hear that mate!!! As I know the work that was involved in the car. Hope everything gets sorted as best as it can and that you are ok?? Real shame to hear about that. :(

most likely stripped

I wasn't referring to you Arnold mate.. i will be fine now i hope.
just got a few aches and pains.

As for the car, it depends if my insurance give me it back for me to repair or breaking only.

Umar

Nooo! Umar, sorry to hear that mate. Glad you're ok though, plus glad to hear it could have been a whole lot worse. Hopefully insurance company will see some sense...

It's a shame to hear about this :(

Do you have any pics about the car so that we could see how badly it went?

Super S 1.5T said:
NO-one asked if i was OK?
it just shows what you really are like.
...reminds me about the crash that my mum was involved in september -96. She was then driving that Micra that I have now (it was with MA10 then) and someone came from the left with Volvo 740 straight to the intersection and in front of my mum. My mum didn't have much time to break before she hit to the right side of the front of the Volvo. The speedo of the Volvo showed nearly 80km/h (50mph) when it stopped in it's position because of the crash and my mum was driving about the speed limit which was 50km/h (30mph).
When my dad called to me when I was at school, the first thing I asked was: "what's the condition of the Micra?" then I remember that my dad started shouting me that "Your mum was involved in a car crash and is now in a hospital and you are just asking about the car...!!!" and he really freaked out when I answered something like "yea yea yea, but when I can go to see the Micra?"

...and I was 8 years old then :p

The insurance company took the Micra and they said that it isn't worth of fixing anymore because it had so much damage (front of the car was totally crushed and even the chassis beams were twisted badly). Me and my dad bought it back and we fixed it and with MA10 engine my mum drove it about 56000miles before sellilng it to me in the beginning of 2004.

Back