K10L oh my! good mpg!

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
Having now got another K10 (thanks James!) I just had to comment that I have done 100 miles on about 10 litres of fuel. Insane. Ok so I forgot how slow they are and how bad they drive, but its so cheap its unreal!! Now just to make it look a bit better lol.

Super S complete interiour. I want to give it a full respray to get a bit more practice before I take on my old ST (I want that one perfect), other than that I may experiment with a few bits and bobs but no plans to just as yet.

Ed

Just to add, I have not even been trying to get good mpg, so all those who claim as bad mpg as my st...... i dont think so lolol.

haha, are you typing that because of our recent msn chat!? My MPG sucks but i dont think its all down to driving style.. anyway, glad you've got your new K10 on the road

So nice to see it back on the road, and with a decent interior now :)

Drives much nicer than it used to from what i've seen :)

At high cruise speeds the ST gets 25mpg. lol... at around 70mph it gets 30mpg, at 60mpg it gets about 35 mpg :) I dont know yet what the K10L does i intend to find out tho.

i always thought my K10 drove extremely well, effortless really.

yearn for a car that drives that well again, driving a clio at the moment eeurgh!

that's a bad drive for you, no doubt.

sorry to jump off topic

That's one thing that has hit me with my new toy. MPG's are awful in the supra, particularly when you use the boost a lot. :(

I dont think motoring can actually get any cheaper than a K10, so everytihng seems to cost a fortune to run haha.

well.

In my old green k10 that had done 130k, i regularly got 45 - 50 mpg even if i thrashedit, but in my 5 door i only get 30 - 35 even if i dodle.

Some are good, some are crap.

Slim said:
well.

In my old green k10 that had done 130k, i regularly got 45 - 50 mpg even if i thrashedit, but in my 5 door i only get 30 - 35 even if i dodle.

Some are good, some are crap.
My old one is clearly good! :D

My K10 sucks! Stinks of fuel, gets crap milage and thats when im driving it normally. Just about to hit the 3/4 mark from full and its only got 35 miles on the trip counter (i always reset it when i fill up)..

Rubbish!

Could well be. Ed calculated i got around 22/23 Mpg, and last week got 33mpg and i was driving very very economically!! 60mph on motorways etc for over 150 miles or so..

Apparently James gets the same MPG when he rag's his K11 SR!! Something aint right. No obvious signs of leakage tho, no puddles etc..

I'm getting more miles than that, but with it being my first car. I was expecting more millage, im not sure if somethings wrong. I'll reset my trip counter today when I refuel - its in the deep red atm :glance: ! And check the millage when I refuel next time.

m1ck97 said:
I'm getting more miles than that, but with it being my first car. I was expecting more millage, im not sure if somethings wrong. I'll reset my trip counter today when I refuel - its in the deep red atm :glance: ! And check the millage when I refuel next time.

Would be interesting to know what you get. There was a thread flying around ages ago with people saying how many miles they get out of there K10's. I never let my car run too far below 1/4 due to all the crap in the tank. My last fuel filter was black when it was changed! nice..

Ems - you're cheeky ;)

Arnold said:
Ems - you're cheeky ;)

Yeah well lol!!!

I think i get about 180 miles out of mine on a full tank!! Tbh i've never reset the counter when i re-fuel but i will try my hardest to remember tom!!!! :D

just put £20 in, its 3/4 full. I've reset the counter.

Speedle - Dont think I could go anywhere near 70miles on 1/4 tank... My 1/4 runs out sooo quick.

i once got 100 miles from 1/4 in my old 1.0 with a webber carb was motorway driving at 56mph back from santa pod :)

Speedle said:
i once got 100 miles from 1/4 in my old 1.0 with a webber carb was motorway driving at 56mph back from santa pod :)

U were on a motorway doin only 56mph!!!!! Your worse than me!!!! :p

Most I have had from a 1.0 K10 on a regular ish basis was 350 miles from a tank. However this was the long ratio 5spd gearbox, not the usless close ratio one where you can pull away in 3rd and drive without using 2 and 4 lolol

I'm looking at a 200SX atm, and with a few grands worth of modifications to up the power to ~300bhp, I can apparently expect to return 19mpg.....

Oh joy!

Peter, tuning SR20 can often lead to an incrase in MPG if driven sensibly. It can also obv be worse however. If you averaged 19 you would be doing alot of stupid driving thats for sure. Mid 20's i would expect.. As always the best way to get a good mpg is todrive smoothly and brake and accelerate early!

At that speed on the motorway the St gets about 35mpg. Which is nice!

Ed said:
Peter, tuning SR20 can often lead to an incrase in MPG if driven sensibly. It can also obv be worse however. If you averaged 19 you would be doing alot of stupid driving thats for sure. Mid 20's i would expect.. As always the best way to get a good mpg is todrive smoothly and brake and accelerate early!

I suppose so :) That was just an example of someone and their 200sx, and that was with it being driven hard!

I put £20 in mine once, and it took me just over 200 miles...

Where not my K11 will take me about 160...

Oop's, bit of a mad calculation b4 i think!!! I said 180 miles on a full tank lol!!!

I've currently got 101 miles out of just under a quarter!!! Sounds better i think!!! :D

Ems said:
Oop's, bit of a mad calculation b4 i think!!! I said 180 miles on a full tank lol!!!

I've currently got 101 miles out of just under a quarter!!! Sounds better i think!!! :D

I want your engine!!! lol.. 180 miles from a tank is the kinda milage im getting lol.

i get about 350 to a tank roughly, more if im doing motorway, the 4 speed box isnt that good though as im doing like 4000rpm on the motorway

my 200sx gets 200 miles to a tank of fuel, pretty poor, thats one reason why i bought a micra

D4R73N said:

Mines a 5 Speed, and that does 4,000 at 70 mph...(in 5th of course...)

You referring to your K10 or K11?

In 5th at "70" (which is approx 62mph in real terms), its at 3.5K revs, so i guess im hitting 70 at around 4000 revs too.

Something wrong with that car tho as its drinking as much fuel going 3.5K revs in 5th as it is ragging it at 6K for ages in 4th!! I've done two 90ish mile journies... one ragging it all the way, and one not so, and i was surprised how the same journey used the same amount of fuel (loads) when they were both driven in a completely different way

Arnold

i get about 320 miles from a tank in my LS, i often sit in the slip stream of hgv's on long motor way trips, it really does reduce the mpg!

in my experiance novas are tough and reliable, the only probably is you have to weld up the hole in the floor, sills and archs for every mot :D

Mat.T said:
in my experiance novas are tough and reliable, the only probably is you have to weld up the hole in the floor, sills and archs for every mot :D

Lol!!!

The only prob i had with it was that it had a choke!!! Didn't even know what one was till i was told about it!! And yes i did flood the engine lol!!

£30 of petrol gets me from Worthing to Belgium via ferry, and back! Approx 350 miles. And i filled up here - actually its not that much cheaper there :(
By the way i hate the lack of no fuel warning light. Ran completely out of petrol 2 days ago, Sunday night - nothing open, not a good experience.

Here we go with the close ratio box, if it was the long ratio one it would be about 20% better..

100 miles at just under 1/4

IMG_8159.jpg

178 at just under 1/2

IMG_8164.jpg

Ed

I calculated approx 340 miles on a full tank as i did 168 (or something) miles on half but it wasn't empty!!!!! :D

No i reset it to zero when i pulled it appart. its done that and approx 80K

Ok here's an image of my dials.. From over full to E on the fuel gauge, 187 miles on the clock.. not happy!

2643f1ebfcdbbbd.jpg

Just to bring up the issue of K10L oh my! good mpg!

I got 43mpg on the last tank. :glance:

Tell me ive measured that wrongly... because I really think its right. :love:

Edit: Alan, I WANT your dials. Lovely things in there...

Back