K10

I'm looking into getting a K10 in the summer when I'm looking for one what would I need to look out for and what would be a good model of one i could get, just looking information on them please

Any model of K10 is fine, base spec LS has less fancy trim and a single standard speaker where as GSX is top spec with better trim door cards and speakers. There is the preface and facelift models, preface is 1982-1988 where the facelift is 1988-1993. preface has smaller headlights and a slatted grille, where as the facelift looks like a more squared off version of the preface K11. Avoid the 1993 (K Reg) K10's as they are fitted with catalytic converters and mess up options for tuning unless you have a friendly MOT tester who will overlook emission's

Try and avoid getting one with a sunroof as they suffer from the same drainage problems as the K11.

K10's rust in the same places as K11 so basically check everywhere you can, they also like to rust under windscreen on the passenger side.

Engine's come in 1L (MA10) and 1.2 (MA12) if you can get an MA12, but the MA10's are just fine. You can find both these engine's with 4 or 5 speed boxes. Like CG engine's the MA's are pretty robust but they do having a timing belt instead of a chain, but they are super easy to swap if they are overdue.

Umm that's about all i can think of for now. Hope that helps :)

Back