K10 rear end.

daveeeeee

Ex. Club Member
As you have probably seen, i had a whack the other day. the car was in the garage for tracking today. drive shaft is ruined so cant do much untill new drive shaft is fitted. but! the bloke drove it down the road to check the tracking (nice trustworthy guy) came back and said, Christ have you done anything to the rear! i told him that i had lowerd it, he said that the rear end was terrible almost feels like its falling apart. he jacked up the car and checked but nothing was loose apart from a slightly buckled alloy (not happy) but he said that as long as theres no vibration (which there isnt) then that is not the end of the world.

now i took the car home and thought i'd see what he was on about and when turning, it almost feels like the rear of the car is snaking behind the front wheels. feels very soggy at the back. i have not noticed this before i had the curb incidant. but maybe i've only noticed it because the mechanic said it and i'm just being parinoid. maybe a blown shock? or is it just the k10's design?

cheers

mines gon a little like that since i fitted my brakes on the front (as per my blog) but mine does it as the tracking is out as i only roughly set it by eye.

hmmm well looks like a blown rear shock, last night i got a mate to sit in the back, when he sat on the driverside there was nothing out of the ordinary, but when sitting in the back on the near side the the wheel would rub on the wheel arch over any bumps.

Mines been like that since I crashed into a kerb and buckled the rear alloy, I jacked it up and found the spring had spun around in the cup and wasn't sitting right. Check that first before buying parts

this happend to me to mate when i had a similar smack with a curb, the rear axle bends very very easily and is most likely the culprit its could be bent by such a small amount but thats all it takes to ruin the cars handling get 4 good wheels on it and get the thing laser tracked to see if the rear is still within tolerances ;)

will do however i have a real bad feeling that the chassis is twisted. whats the likely hood of this? i would imagine that it would be quite easy to twist the chassis on a k10? i've had alot and all the shocks and springs are in good order. i cant think what else would cause the nearside rea wheel to rub on the arch. if so then this may be the end of the car :(

will do however i have a real bad feeling that the chassis is twisted. whats the likely hood of this? i would imagine that it would be quite easy to twist the chassis on a k10? i've had alot and all the shocks and springs are in good order. i cant think what else would cause the nearside rea wheel to rub on the arch. if so then this may be the end of the car :(

i very much doubt the chassis is twisted mate i hit a curb at about 40 with a full car i.e 5 people in total and i needed a wishbone and rear axle which i got for £10 :D the k10 chassis is pretty sturdy it would take a fair impact to bend it and i doubt a curb smack would do it. a front/rear end full on smack yes, but curb? nah!!!

have faith! i do ;)

trust me change the rear axle and it will be fine im sure of it! and they cost nothing from breakers so youve got nothing to lose from trying they are so easy to change over

Back