K10, rear wiper problems. bizzare!

Hi. some of the regulars may remember me, had some problems with the wheels and then the gearstick on my lovely little K10, all sorted now, thankfully, but now winters come and the heavens have opened i've noticed a problem with my rear wiper.

it moves fine, the wiper blade itself is fine (new at MoT), but it doesnt clear the screen. the problem is that somethings wrong with either how thee rear motors mounted, or the spindle that the arm fixes onto - the wiper arm 'arcs' over the windscreen, only touching at the start and end of the sweep. i've done a little picture:

micrarearwindscreen.jpg

hope that helps....

Anyway, part of the problem is that i can't understand what the problem is. the whole motor moves when its working, and i've had a look under the panel in the boot and i can't seem to work out how its even supposed to be attached to... anything.

Theres a bizzare shaped piece of flat metal which is bolted to the back of the motor, but not anywhere else, and the motor itself isnt bolted to anything apart from this sheet.

Any ideas, anyone?

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Yeah it sounds to me like your wiper arm needs bending or something. Possibly got damaged when the blade was changed last time? Also WD40 the spring too

the blade itself is fine, and i dont think the arm is bent/needs bending, its just that the path it takes isnt right, either due to the wiper motor being incorrectly mounted, and the spindle that drives the arm being bent goes like the picture. I'll see if i can take a video of it later and host it somewhere.

I'll wd40 the spring, but i really don't think thats a problem. i'll have a bash though.

the blade itself is fine, and i dont think the arm is bent/needs bending, its just that the path it takes isnt right, either due to the wiper motor being incorrectly mounted, and the spindle that drives the arm being bent goes like the picture. I'll see if i can take a video of it later and host it somewhere.

I'll wd40 the spring, but i really don't think thats a problem. i'll have a bash though.

Well apart from whats been said above theres not much else that can go wrong.

Micra 110

Site Supporter
Maybe the Arm is not pushed down far enough on the Splines or there's a Bolt missing...doesn't sound very well though....