K10 Performance exhaust system!

Status
Not open for further replies.

curtis

Ex. Club Member
Just got a quote from a company that make stainless steel exhaust systems for different cars.

For a Nissan micra K10

Full system=£400 fully fitted

Just Back box and pipes=£200 Fully fitted

these are made from scratch.

Do you think its worth getting a proper system like this or just buy a universal backbox and get someone to weld it on??

----> just an example of the work they do<-----

Attachments

• exhaust 1.jpg
    exhaust 1.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 1,379
Mmmm, shiny! £400 for a full system, manifold included, sounds pretty good to me. Better than putting on a nasty, halfords-special back box anyway.

yep! lol

might as well go for the full system, becasue i dont want a shiny nice new back box welded onto the crappy rusted pipe i have already! :p

waste of money! you can get a custom inlet made up for less and you'd get much more power from it, i had a full custom powerflow on my old k10 did ###### all to the power just ran a bit better with the weber i had fitted.

if you just want it to look and sound nice get a back box, if you want some real power get your inlet sorted first, exhaust last ;)

Its absoutely NOT a waste of money. Exhaust is as important as the inlet. £400 for a manifold and system is a good price.

The K10 exh manifold is just as rubbish as the K10 inlet manifold. BOTH need changing for both of the gains to be worthwhile.

i'm going to get both, i'll get the inlet first then the whole exhasut system........its gonna sound goooooood!:p

Its absolutely NOT a waste of money. Exhaust is as important as the inlet. £400 for a manifold and system is a good price.

The K10 exh manifold is just as rubbish as the K10 inlet manifold. BOTH need changing for both of the gains to be worthwhile.

I agree Ed But the exhaust manifold being replaced wont yield as much power on its own as changing the inlet on its own would. Bobs proved that time and time again.

btw mate do they deliver or do they need the car in order to make it up? my backbox needs replacing

I would agree that inlet is initally probably where more gains sit. Its due the fact that its easier to push air out of an engine than it is for an engine to suck it in.

aye thats what i was getting at :D still ill have both done hopefully within the next week :D depends how long it takes that flange from Bob to arrive, with the postal strike i don't hold out much hope of it being this week :(

Yeah that does seem like a good price. I think Sammo had a full stainless done and it cost quite a bit more. My backbox also cost quite a lot in comparison to that price.

Dude that's a good price

My system was £700 see here: http://www.micra.org.uk/showthread.php?t=15891
(starting from post #22)

..that was £360 for the manifold including flexi and £340 for the mid & rear sections

SO Yes, thats an amaising price

as well as the performance gains on gas I was motivated by the GUARANTEE on a stainless sytem and the fact that I can interchange the super silent sections for fun race sections very easily

For me even without changing my inlet sofar the engine revs up far easier / freely while driving

Off topic - Somerset, you should sign up! You've exceeded your 100 post limit & limited access to access technical areas now so the club must be of some benefit to you :) Extra forum features, loads of discounts etc!

The Benefits | Signup!

i will do, but, im off to canada for 5 months in 4 weeks. so will lose half of my mebership.
promise i will once i get back though.
sorry off topic again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back