k10 headlights

dock10

Ex. Club Member
I have just taken the two headlights off my k10 facelift and i wanted to know if anyone knew how to separate the glass piece of the headlight from the metal backing

lol at this project....if youre doing what I think youre doing.....I beg that you follow this up with some pics and results

that would be coooollll

:)

ya i will post some pics once i get round to doing it nearly all the project has been pictured since 2007 lol

i got one of the headlights apart today and im planning on painting the mirror/reflective bit black does anyone know is this legal or not?

im not sure but will it not effect the brightness of the bulbs or something along those lines? maybe not reflecting as much light out as should etc because if it does i can see that being illegal

but if not i like what you are doing

ya i was thinking the same thing about the reduced light and thanks i was originally planning on putting angel eye headlights in but the customising to the headlight was too much for me to handle so im just going to paint the inside rim of the headlights black and im going to paint the sidelight housings black too il post up some pics tomorrow if i can

i wouldnt worry about it to much to be honest! if you have got another set of lights i would change them back onto the car for the mots and stuff! or you could try and mot with the lights on and see what they say, only takes 2 mins to change the lights round

ya i do have a spare set off a march i bought during the summer so il probably paint all of it on one set and leave the other set alone for the mot

cool man, will be looking forward to see the pics, and if it look good i wouldnt mind having ago

you will have to put a thread up of how you did it, like a step by step guide

i just finished blacking out one of my headlights and i think it looks alot better than the standard one heres the linkhttp://s719.photobucket.com/albums/ww194/DOCK10MICRA/

Back