k10 exhaust fudging

hi,
i need a 'better than standard k10 exhaust' for my formula1000 car. ive done a search on here but its not really answered my questions, so, my question is - how can i improve performance of my k10 exhaust without spending any money! basically, my mani has to stay standard but after that, whatever. From what ive read on here, i dont think bigger bore pipes is going to help but i was wondering which, if any, of the three silencers could be removed to help performance. i also have to adhere to sound regs in scrutineering but im not sure what the limit is so for now, noise is no problem. ive have seen another k10 which had the middle box removed and an alfa romeo (i think) back box on. fab/welding is no problem for me so if anyone has any PROVEN suggestions as to what to do it would be great. my guess is to remove the front two silencers and throw a large petrol engine backbox on or maybe even a diesel one. please help. cheers ne

I would get rid of the catalytic converter if it has one and replace it with some stainless pipework. And if noise regs allow take the middle box out aswell. By removing these restrictions it will free up a few bhp's and help your car rev more freely.

Hope that helped

The manifold is very restrictive, I dont think changing the pipework back will make too much difference. You could always hack the baffles out the rear silencer and re-weld it up, maybe fit a slightly wider pipe from the manifold back, but apart from that i think your going to have trouble making much more power without changing the manifold.

Back