k10 buying tips/advies

M

madmen

I'm planning on buying a 1.2 k10 micra automatic. The thing looks ok for a 16 year old car but i'm a nuub in the nissan world en specially micras.

So if you guys could give me some advies en things to look at (known issues/points), that would help me alot. THanx in advanced.
Madmen

jack it up and cheque 2 make sure it is not a cut and shut and cheque oil levels r ok make sure all the lights r working ok just bascally cheque everything

Check the fuel filler neck around the top, they rot and the inner rear arches rot under the plastic covers, check the bottom rear of the front wings, the bottom of the doors, sills, make sure that it changes gear smoothly up and down through all the gears and make sure all the electrics work.

might sound obvious, but get someone to rev it and see if the engine smokes, its usually an engine replacement job if it does.

squarepants said:
front cross member

It isnt a K11!

Check the gearbox isnt noisy, and goes in and out of gears fine and also check for smoke as mentioned above! Check the water too and make sure its not oily

also hope theres no water in the oil like i just had! check everything if you can fiddle with it do it! try everything window wipers sun roof, test everything!

Just the usual things really. Sills tend to go quite easily on the micra, so check them, erm... make sure it runs nice, check brake lines, although they are easy enough to change, check for rust everywhere, brakes, suspension etc... just all of the general things you would check on any car really. :)

Back