K & N - Need answer asap

Allan

Ex. Club Member
Just recieved my K & N from DR Z, thanks muchly.

Whilte fitting all went smoothly except i was left with a resonator pipe with nowhere to go.

When you take the airbox off, you take the pipe off that goes to the cam + that resonator pipe. Now your supplied with the pipe that goes to the cam, yet the resonator pipe is left homeless, is that right?

Whats its purpose? Is it meant to go somewhere?

Also the metal K&N top came off the air filter, any suggestions as to what i should stick it back on with?

k just reading through the instructions, it wasn't the resonator pipe.

It was a small thin black tube that goes from below the distributor into the corner of the old airbox. It now has nowhere to go.

Yeah I had this issue - looks like it's just sits on the filter - left mine off for a few years now and haven't had a problem...

I know Spank put a screw in the hose anbd doubled it back so it couldn't operate. don't know how safe that was....

As for the lid be more carefull next time lol.

Also did u give it a good clean?

Nothing to clean it with but it was in fairly nice condition, Dr z always looks after his stuff.

Ill leave it off. Any idea what i can re attach it with?

To tell the truth, i only broke it off, because the pictured said the K & N was to face you, however it was upside down, i thought hmm maybe the top turns, oops off it came.

Is everyone elses K & N writing upside down? :D

Will it do any harm with that not on top?

good to see you got it ok bud, that little pipe just stays loose. its just another breather hose iirc.

yeah a few peoples k&n are upside down, so i just left it. you could try gluing in on. at least now you can put on the right way up :D

also i've left your feedback mate :)

:)

Back