fitting k&n

R

Ray1

hi all
just had my k&n induction delivered today.(k11).. looking at the instructions, seems pretty straightforward, but i have minimal mechanical ex ... should i try it myself? or take it to someone who knows more?

RIK said:
do it yourself mate,,very very easy

anything your worried about?

thanx for the replies (&Alienfish!)...i will giv it a go if it ever stops raining.. i have 2 sets of official instructions.. one was in pack and is 'kind of ' straightforward and the other is a diagram type thing that has extra stuff on.. so il go with the 1 that was in the box i think... il let u know how it went!

Inducted!!!

Glenn said:
**i put a link to a site that gives help, but has been deleted**

**DELETE POST!!**

Dr Zoidberg has the link in his post... cheers anyway Glenn..it wasnt working so i guess it was removed... instructions are same as ones as in box... anwyays, i did it! well chuffd hee haa... it was pretty easy.. had a prob getting the initial bolt off but got the right tool and was a breeze...i guess you leave the resonater pipe alone yeh? one thing i am worried about is the rubber pipe that goes from the filter to the engine... thing is the filter wouldnt fully lie flat in position as some wires were in way of the rubber pipe ..dont no what they are but have some black tape on them.anwyay.. so had to apply a bit of pressure.. but when i did that the rubber pipe im talking about was taking the impact of the pressure so its slightly 'squeezed'.if you look on figure 7 on the instructions you will see what im on about..... but im sure it shouldnt be a major prob?....took the car for a blast... sounds greatttttttt... ! really happy with it

i'll take u for a spin in mine paddy on sat and u will hear the noise!!

quite good if u havnt got a sports exhaust system either as it gives the car a bit of noise when u accelerate

Back