K&N filter for the K10 Super S

Got myself a K&N filter for my Micra Super S and used a K10 1.0L for reference as unfortunatly ive only ever had cars with AFM'S ect in the past and this is my first car (which ive built) that has had carbs, so even tho i understand the concept and the workings of it all i still have loads to learn...

Now i removed the air box and found that the 1.2 has three pipes (two small and one larger) that fits into the bottom of the airbox, and one large pipe thats comes off the airbox and goes onto a pipe that goes down into the manifold, which differs from the 1.0L. After fitting the filter i found that the car sounded like a V8 as it was running pretty much off the headers due to the larger pipe and it wouldnt run even with the pipes blocked off as i thought it may be due to them being vacuum...

Has anyone fitted a filter to a Super S and do you need a kit not just a filter to fit one? Any advice is welcome as this is all new to me, give me 2 AFMS and twin turbos all day long but this has me stumped :D

see i had a similiar problem and i have got a funny feeling its to do with all the extra bits they slapped onto the super s version (EGR etc)
someone should be able to help you out on here more than i could,
good luck! (Y)

Thing is its not the exhaust recirc pipe im worries about its the other three smaller ones as the car doesnt idle with these open or plugged!?

Back