K&N Drop in filter question

Eliot

Ex Super S Owner
I have a 1.3 Super S I was thinking of buying a K&N drop in filter to replace the existing one. I know it wont improve performance that much however i have heard it provides a much better sound, is this true?:suspect:

Yo Eliot
Honestly I've replaced mine (was 6months old only) on my 1.0 by a K&N and didn't felt any improvement :p
IMHO doesn't worth it, take a good stock filter it will be cheaper and it will be fair enough.
Cheers
Seb

So it doesn't make any sound difference at all?
and may seem like a stupid question but would you have to declare an induction kit?

yeah only problem is, as I am only 17 the insurance company will rip me off if I put one of them on!

yeah only problem is, as I am only 17 the insurance company will rip me off if I put one of them on!
you dont need to tell the insurance company about replacement filters.... only actual induction kits (and thats only if your not naughty :D)

modifying your air box will help get the sound you want and you can use a normal filter. Modifying as in cutting out the normal inlet L pipe (so you'll have just the original rectangle box and a hole lol) and bonding in a larger diameter pipe... something like a flexi type pipe for example. :)

We used to have on the same diam pipe as the throttle body...seemed to make a difference but cant say how much or if it actually did :D

modifying your air box will help get the sound you want and you can use a normal filter. Modifying as in cutting out the normal inlet L pipe (so you'll have just the original rectangle box and a hole lol) and bonding in a larger diameter pipe... something like a flexi type pipe for example. :)

We used to have on the same diam pipe as the throttle body...seemed to make a difference but cant say how much or if it actually did :D

Ive decided to get a bigger airbox of the almera and maybe drilling holes in it.

Back