Just when id spent all my saved up...

Money on Xmas presents

I drive home from buying xmas presents.

And my headgaskets decides to blow :(

Not good as i have no money to fix it now

Damn rovers

same here today after i picked up my convertion engine from scrappy on the way home my cambelt snapped on my old 405 td,ill just through that away... still a p##soff though...

it must be somthing in the air!
my water pump went so changed that and stuck a new cambelt on for good mesure only to find the headgasket on my k10 had gone! luckily a set will set me back about £25 she is all striped down and wating for the part as i just found out as the shops were closing :(

lol sorry mate but you were really asking for it by buying a rover 200...

everyone (and i mean everyone) i know with a rover 200 has had to have their head gasket changed... its a common problem on the 200s and one of the most expensive too

get a micra, i hear they are really good :p

Its uncommon for the 8valve K-series headgasket to go so thats why i got the 8valve.

Luckily i have borrowed a 2.3 turbo diesel carlton to get me around for a few days while i fix the rover.

The head as gone in for a skim and pressure test. Iv found the cause for the HGF and it isnt the normal rover heads are pants. when i removed the head i realised it already had metal dowels but i discovered a small metal thing in cylinder two, i didnt have a clue what it was but the girlfriends dad knew, it was a giggle pin found on the thermostat, it had broken off and made its way into the coolant system, only when it got to the headgasket it became wedged and made a small dent in the gasket, just enough for the water to leak into the oil and causing it to fail.

I dont know why its called a giggle pin because im not laughing :mad:

Back