Just ordered this baby!!

Kev has one of those Headunits and my g/f did for a while as well. THey are good units.

Mike

James said:
Money to burn Mr. Arnold!!

Nice to see you used the site that i got my sub from though :)

Yeah i got my disk changer from there about a year ago! cheaper than car audio direct but not much in it.

Havent really got money to burn either!! just making the most of my overdraft :D

James said:
My credit card arrives this week :devil: :laugh:

oh dear!! not a good thing mate, cut it up before you go out of control! Get a debit card instead.

I've got one already :p

Don't worry, it was only a joke, and its only an Egg card with a £500 limit, nothing fancy :)

It's the same as mine...................................!

Very nice unit indeed, got time alignment, inbuilt 14-way EQ, custom crossovers, auto setup, the list goes on.............

I'm still playing with it!

Edit: I thought I'd posted a topic on my new headunit, but obviously not! It kicks ass, and now means I can sell my external EQ and electronic crossover units :slm:.

I told him exactly the same, I know infinate people who could also say the same - including myself!

Excellent choice, they're stunning head units, excellent features etc etc.

However i have been told by an audio repairer recently to watch out as the crystals in the facia are prone to going and that can cost upwards of £150 nicker to fix. The only down side.

That or the chipboards over-heat, can't remember which.

But still, i plan on getting one as they are b***dy stunning.

MA12:) said:
I've had the folding mechanisms freeze a few times on this line...

Major faults will be covered by the warrenty tho so im not too worried! Should be arriving tomorrow. Had a couple of issues clearing my card but thats all sorted now :D

Yes i'm aware of that, what we'd find tho, are units would be fine for a while and then come in for a warrenty repair, go back to their owner then be back in store with a sort of related fault. Before you knew it some units would have four or five repair stickers on the body. Once out of the manufacturers warrenty period it'd cost £75/ fix. Not all units were like this but at least with the early generation ones, for every 8 sold one would go faulty. Shame cos they sound pretty good.

Well it arrived (finally) and its in!! Absolutly love it - apart from the flimsey silver plastic surround that goes round the front of the unit. Comes off way too easily, & i cant see what my volume is on the volume display when im driving..

however noticed an instant improvement in sound from my speakers & better / advanced setup options to my existing hu. (maybe the other HU was badly set up)..

however apart from the two issues, which i think are perfectly valid for £400.. its awesome, i love it and highly recommend one.

-- edit

And on an extra note, im not sure what other head units are like this but the fact the phono sockets are on wires that trail from the back of the unit is an excellent feature. When i go to add my fronts or my sub, i no longer have to take the head unit out, instead i just find the cable i left slotted round the back and plug them in!

could the product features list be any longer lol :)

very smart looking HU aswell. have fun with that :)

just curious, what was your other head unit?

Its the Pioneer 6400.. a cracking little unit but just didnt have enough outputs for what i needed :) I'l soon be selling that on ebay.. A1 condition etc

Arnold said:
i cant see what my volume is on the volume display when im driving..

True, but in all honesty I dont really need to see what the volume is! I can roughly make a guess anyway!

Volume 12 is quite loud for me, how about you?

Yes same here mate. Im still getting used to the settings, i've turned loud off but put the bbs on 2 or 3.. and using the 'powerful' profile. seems pretty good like that :)

Yep - loud off for me, and I have BBE on, but only on -3. EQ is flat atm. BBE helps to bring the subwoofer bass forward as it delays the higher frequencies!

Back