Just not ticking over

Auto choke seems to work from what I can tell.

Starts but imediatliy start running ropey. I can drive it for 30mins on dual carriage way and still come to a junction and stall. Seems to try a keep going but hits under 500 revs then dies.

Only thing I noticed was this pipe (see where my fat finger is poking), when I cut it off the car jumps back to life again. Any ideas??

DSC_0181.jpg

You have your vaccums pipe wired up wrong. Get rid of that splitter from the bi-metal vac line coz it'll be sucking air through one of the other pipes and weakening the mixture. The Bi-metal switch in the airbox keeps that line capped off untill the engine gets too hot and then it pops open to weaken the mixture, supposedly to cool it down but it just makes it run like crap and stall.
Thats why the bi-metal line connectes directly to the manifold so that it can't suck in air from anywhere else. Only the dizzy and the pipe on the side of the carb (that you are poking) are ment to use a splitter (placed at the manifold end).

Vacuum pipes were same as Ed hooked them up dude. Looked at the HT leads today to find that the dizzy connectors had corroded away leaving blue gunk! Ordered a new set of Bosch ones which should be here mid week.

Back