Just got my K11 1996 what should i do now?

Hey guys and gals just got my k11 micra and it has absolutely nothing done to it so i wanna do a few cool looking modifications, but i havent a clue what to do to it now i was thinking of installing a boot light which it doesn't have but i dont no how id wire it up and also thinking of installing some rear speakers now ive read a few posts and located thw wires in the boot on the right hand side now its it deffinatly confirmed that the wires with the white plug head are for rear speakers? because ive only seen "we think" and stuff just wantin to know :p cheers and any other mod ideas that arent too expensive then please let us know would be very helpful :)

Cheers North :grinning:

Welcome an gd luck with your project.. I ran a compleat new wire for both my parcel shelf speakers down the inside and consealing under all the trim atleas u kno its defo for speakers because you put it there :grinning: pics please (Y)

Scottish21

oooo did u have to hook up a seperate fuse for the rear speakers? or did you use the front fuse (u can probably tell im a first at this whole car mods thing) this is my first car and mainly want some good sounds and some nice lights, ill add some piccys up when i get my camera to co-operate but the basics are its red its got a big arse dint (which i gotta fix lol and its got a few scratches on the roof) basically previsous owner dint look after it but got it for 400 quid so cant complain so when u wired it did u take the wiring down the drivers side of the car? or did u like hook the right speaker wire down the right side the the left down the left side? :p

awesome thankyou essexpunx so the speaker wires are there thats a job out the way now has anyone fitted a boot light coz mine dosent have one and is the black plug at the boot on driverside is that a power cable? will it be usable for a boot light?

Welcome :)
Let me just warn you... Once you start you cant stop :D

thats the truth. i've stripped mine bare. it all started by taking the back seats out, now its bare metal everywhere, only half a dash, and very little else. running on the fuel light its come down from 800Kg standard to 684.370Kg! its maddening all the things you can take off that just aren't necessary!

thats the truth. i've stripped mine bare. it all started by taking the back seats out, now its bare metal everywhere, only half a dash, and very little else. running on the fuel light its come down from 800Kg standard to 684.370Kg! its maddening all the things you can take off that just aren't necessary!

haha you sound like me as long as it still drives everything else can just f*** off lol the first n14 i had dint even have a dash when i got the tool box out. i tie wrapped the clocks to the crossbar thing that sits behind the dash :laugh: i even ditched the passenger seat my missus wasn't happy but hey every kilo counts lol.

for a boot setup i've just put in an amp and a bass box with all the wires running down the passenger side (much less wires there) i did it all seperate from the radio though so i have the radio using the door speakers and my ipod connected to the amp doing my boot setup (soon to expand to parcel shelf) it takes a day or two to figure out and do by yourself but obviously it's slightly more complicated if you want the radio through the boot too :p

When I had my old boot setup, I had a twin Fli Trap 12 MKII (slotted into the boot perfectly) with a built in amp and about 2000 watts of power, 450 watt Vibe 6x9s with built in tweeters connected to a 2-channel Kenwood amp, and a second Kenwood amp connected to 2 300 watt Kenwood door speakers with built in tweeters, and 2 Vibe tweeters under the A-pillars. All the wires were insulated seperately, and ran down the centre of the car, underneath the carpet. And then I downsized when my ears started to bleed :laugh:

done 3 boot builds.

1) peugeot 306. 15" fli sub, 4 X Vibe 6X9s, 450 RMS amp for 6x9s, 1000w for sub. refrigerator, single rear seat with arm rest.
2) citroen xsara picasso. as above without fridge, all in different boxes.
3) citroen xsara picasso. twin 15" fli sub (800RMS each) 2 X 12" subs, 4 X 6x9s. all new boxes again.

lots and lots of wood experience now :)

Wood experience :laugh::laugh::laugh:. You'll have to excuse my immaturity, but I am 21 :wasntme:

Decent boot setups are awesome - especially on a standard car, because most people don't expect it. I like the sound of the 306 setup (Y). I'm already planning the setup for my 318i saloon - a hell of a lot of space to mess around with, so that should be interesting and fun, I'm sure :grinning::grinning:

Making any progress yet, North?

so far ive managed to clean the engine and fiddle with the wires but my money is cut short :p i spent it all on my gf lmao but soon i get paid so rear speakers are going to go in first, im still stuck on the boot light does anyone know a post that will show me maybe something step by step on how to install one and i dont have the boot swtich on my k11 :(

right guys i took my head unit off was a pain in the arse was all screwed in and shizz and i took some piccies of the wiring because i want to hook up the rear speakers to the head unit (gettin a new head unit soon tho) just wanna know what these wires are if anyone can help?

on this piccy the white socket end tht isnt plugged in are the wires that match those in the boot for the rear speakers thats right init?
16082011361.jpg

i found these botch taped bluey wires like theyve been played with before anyone know what they are?
16082011363.jpg

and finally i found tabs on some of the other dicconected wires and wondering what they are for also :p if anyone can help?
16082011362.jpg

well that black plug in the last photo is useless to you i think? it looks like a head unit plug (not the car plug) if im right does that lead into the car loom (connected to one of the car loom plugs)?

scrap that last post. in the first photo just untape that big plug and get a cd player adaptor to match you head unit when you get it. i think most nissans are the same adaptor i used the one out of my n14 in my k10 just plug it in and away you go (Y)

well in the first picture that big block is attacked to some wires leading to the black plug the black one u see in the last photo is the one that plugs into the back of my current head unit :p but the rear speaker wires aren't plugged into any of the wires that lead into the plug thats in the head unit :p should i wait for my new head unit and then have a look what i need lol :p

Back