Just a thought... Micra All Terrain

I have had an idea… Can’t seem to let it go. However I’m not sure it’s possible, so need input from the gurus on the forum.
I was thinking about some modifications for my Micra. Originally I was planning to lower it, and stick some banded steelies on. But being our only car, and often using it with quite a bit of load and bad gravel roads, I’m worried that it might not be the best idea. So I shook the bag, and turned it upside down…
Thoughts:
1: Get some extra ride height, about 3-5 cm’s should be fine.
2: Put on a set of gloss black steel rims, preferrably 6x14” ET 35. Tires should be 185/60R14, with some M+S pattern. This will give me a ride height gain of 15 mm as well.
3: Considering if a set of narrow plastic arches to get that AWD look. Maybe a set of modified Golf II arches would fit?
4: A couple of extra spotlights on the front, medium sized, soft white covers.
5: Alloy sump guard. Extended to protect the lower part of the front bumper.
6: Suede 3 spoke steering wheel.
7: The usual mods such as cat back exhaust, CAI Almera air box, fast road brake pads, dash mounted rev counter.
8: Maybe the front and rear bumper + the plastic arches and the lower part of the car side should be same color, so the car would be two tone. Keep the top grey, and paint the bottom black maybe.

This way I could have a fun little car with the ability to go a little bit further into the wild. It would be different for sure, and turn some heads.
BUT… Will it be possible to alter the ride height in that direction, without messing things up? I’m thinking panhard rod length, positive camber on wheels etc… Maybe someone knows of some springs that will fit from another car?

Cheers,
Ulrich

Inspiration

2467755534_65f20982f2_o.jpg

Yeah.. Probably would. But it has to be a ghetto build, so no expensive rally parts. Mostly recycled scrapyard stuff, and 2nd hand parts etc.

I'll keep thinking about this. Will update plans in 1st post.

U.

Sendt fra min LT15i med Tapatalk

Back