Just a quick driveshaft question..

Rite ive treid using the search but im useless with that and cant really get an answer so apologies. Im, using the 1.0 gearbox on the 1.3 atm and need a new drivers side shaft. The breakers yard only has 1.0 facelift shafts in, from an "R" reg k11. WIll these fit as mines a pre facelift? Sounds daft but wanna check as i know there was a few changes etc.

Thanks alot

Flat_out

okie dokie thank you. im sure frank will be able to say for definate(Y). And what do you mean primal?? Just tmoz is the only day i can get to the breakers as the car is completly stripped and i gotta borrow the van.

Thanks

Flat_out

im 99% that the facelift shafts will fit you 1.0 box. aslong as they are both 1.0 then im pretty sure they'll go. just wait for frank to give the go ahead :p

if yours is a post98 1.0 g/box the 1.3 shafts are the same flat_out (the earlier 1.0,s have thinner shafts and c/v,s) :)

I have a pre facelift 1994 1.0 gearbox on a 1994 1.3 engine frank. I bought a 1.3 shaft a week or so ago but the splines looked bigger and the hub end looked different so didnt even bother fitting it! Wish id realised before i bought it lol. So i need 1.0 shafts deffo, but will these "r" reg facelift ones fit? Why dont nissan make it simple eh? haha

Flat_out

yeh, the spline in the hub is the same, but the other 3 splines (g/box and c/v internal splines) are different :eek:

Yeah thought as much, just one of those instinct buys that went wrong lol. So am i safe with the facelift 1.0's? or. . .?

cheers

Flat_out

okay mate. well went round the yards this morning and couldnt for the life of me find any shafts:(, think someone got there before me and robbed them all lol. Anyone got spares lying around i could buy??

thanks

Flat_out

Back