JUN flywheels.

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
Haha, well my other options are to just do more N/A stuff with the car. I'll still probably look at getting a full ECU just so my options aren't limited in future and it opens up the ability to do a proper tune.

I still probably won't be able to fit the 14's over the GTiR brakes i'm rebuilding at the moment but still not sure what to do.. they're ****ing heavy brakes for a start - would almost outweigh the lightweightness of the wheels i'm putting on there, so it'd bring up the unsprung weight a bit still.

Still undecided which route i'm going to go in regards to N/A or turbo. I definitely like the raw feeling of power that this setup gives so I might end up pursuing that. I'm not as much concerned about who I beat or how fast the car goes but rather the happy-in-the-pants feeling it can give. :p

---dens

deNs WROTE:

"Haha, well my other options are to just do more N/A stuff with the car. I'll still probably look at getting a full ECU just so my options aren't limited in future and it opens up the ability to do a proper tune.<BR><BR>I still probably won't be able to fit the 14's over the GTiR brakes i'm rebuilding at the moment but still not sure what to do.. they're ****ing heavy brakes for a start - would almost outweigh the lightweightness of the wheels i'm putting on there, so it'd bring up the unsprung weight a bit still.<BR><BR>Still undecided which route i'm going to go in regards to N/A or turbo. I definitely like the raw feeling of power that this setup gives so I might end up pursuing that. I'm not as much concerned about who I beat or how fast the car goes but rather the happy-in-the-pants feeling it can give. :p<BR><BR>---dens

exactly what i think, go n/a... my blue car is so much fun.. can't stop wasting money on it :( pushes the red car further and further away... gtir brakes arent that much heavier then norm pulsar 2.0/sss brakes, once you put em on, you'll never go back, pulsar brakes are good for the street.. general putting around... they are there everytime you need to stop, but with some decent speed behind you, i managed to fade out the 1.6 brakes that WERE on the red car more then on one occasion with relative ease.

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
I've got 1.6 pulsar brakes on it at the moment and I don't seem to be fading them out. The lucas pads on there are damn good. It got a little bit squirmy under braking after a few laps but i'd put that down to tyre heat more than anything. I'll be looking into coilovers in the future but for now the koni/whiteline setup is fine. I do want to replace the standard intake manifold with something more.. well you know ;)

Going N/A will mean a different direction in terms of fuelling, but I might get the SR20 fuel rail made up anyhow - use SR20DE injectors for N/A and the DET ones i've got for if I decide to go turbo later on. Probably not worth getting the spare cams i've got here reground so maybe you could suggest a suitable setup sometime in the future.

---dens

CMF_sikK11

» CMF Member
will vouch for the licas pads. The best i have used at an excellent price. I did 6 laps around Hidden Valley with slotted micra rotors lucas pads and lucas race fluid. I got no fade at all.

CMF_sikK11

» CMF Member
maybe... We got a fast fours against 6's and 8's in june. Trying to get coilovers in time is proving difficult. Dont wanna spend 1000 on shock and springs would rather coilovers. But we will smokes them will post pics and vids of the track day.

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
dens

interesting thread that, imo nz_aj is is the one that,s 100% correct
ie, it does,nt give you more power, it just effectively makes the car feel lighter
and it uses less fuel, (but only while accelerating)

frank

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
I agree, nz_aj's conclusion seemed to make the most sense, however the figures rather than the conclusions drawn from them are what I was really highlighting.

Trying to decide wether or not to do the flywheel/clutch install myself or get someone else to do it. From what i've heard it's a bitch of a job, but probably worth doing once.

---dens

CMF_sikK11

» CMF Member
dens can you send me some contact details as i wanna order the same flywheel you got this week. How long was shipping if i order this week will i have by the 2 june you think
??????????????????????

a before and after would be great.

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
Just ordered it through their website - you've contacted perfect run already, right? Use the product codes we've listed here and you can put them into their order form system. They'll then order it for you and voila..

---dens

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
http://www.perfectrun.com.au/ordering/order.htm

Here's the product details I posted earlier in this thread. You should be able to pop these straight into the order form.

====================================
For K11 March with CG13DE engine

* Jun Light Weight Flywheel 3.6kg (Item Code: 2010M-N027): 38900Yen (= currently A$404)
====================================

They will then ask you to pay for the item, then once it's ready to ship and they've worked out the postage costs, they'll ask you to pay for that, and your item will be shipped.

---dens

Back