• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

JoeM - 2000 K11 Micra 1.0

Thought it was time for a blog, so here goes. This is going to be a slow one I think.

Plan is, low, bolt on arches, wide wheels and smooth as possible on a 0 budget lol.
As this is my only car that is used by the missus as well, not going to be wasting time on making it fast as when I have the funds ill probably go back to BMW's and let the missus have the Micra. Doesnt mean I cant have fun with it though :)

New rims arrived 2 days after I got the car :)
Centre bore needs enlarging to get them to fit but tried them on, going to have a nice bit of poke on the front. Got a pair of good tyres for cheap a day later to. Anyway enough talk and more pic's

23102010507.jpg

Back
23102010506.jpg

23102010505.jpg

23102010504.jpg

Front
23102010503.jpg

23102010502.jpg

Got some clear side repeaters last week, just need to de badge and side strip the car when I get the chance:
Micra2.jpg

Quick chop if I get the wheels on and dropped, wheels will be polished/black or all polished. Cant wait :)
Micra3.jpg

Been trying to pick some arches to cover the poke when the wheels go on.
The main problem I have is the rear doesnt need much arch as it's only a couple mil of poke.

Want this look, but don't have £200 to spend on bits of fibregalss, been there done that (£340 on ecosse arches!)
kanagawa05-064.jpg

These are only £8 a pair deliverd, but that probably says alot about them:
ux_a09101600ux0092_ux_g.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-Silver-Tone...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item483d33c31a

Then there are these from off Retro Rides for £71 deliverd, but I think the rears would look a bit to big.
!BsNsL,!EWk~$(KGrHqQOKkIEvOS3oqeWBL3EckFmhw~~_12.JPG

Wondering if I could mix and match the JDM ones on the front with the £8 jobbies on the rear?
hmmmm

Need to get on with getting the wheels and suspension sorted first lol.

Picked up a pair of 15" BBS RA's yesterday for the tyres, so it would have been rude not to try them on, thought id try my 16" Seat rims to :)

07112010521.jpg

07112010527-1.jpg

Good base for a blog anyway. Look nice in silver. Bit of advice remove the sidestrips but dont debadge the car. IMO it looks naff, be proud and keep the nissan logo haa. Them arches look cool but i would prefer them bonded on smooth and not screwed on though

Back