Jerky Speedo Needle

CMF_ed.

» CMF Member
The speedometer needle jerks up and down when accelerating and decelerating. Is there a way to fix this or who do I get to fix it?

Thanks,
Ed

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
LWC WROTE:

"early micras (mine) had their speedo replaced under warranty because the needle used to stick badly so you could be doing 80 and it showed 60, etc!!

They all will do this eventually. Its just the nature of the speedos they have. When the lubrication dries out the nylon sleevings will wear and eventually begin to stick cauing the unpredictable speedo movements.

I've got a random speedo wobble too but I'm not too worried about it. Its not regular or bad enough to bother replacing the cable to rule it out as suspect.

CMF_david (2)

» CMF Member
mine gets stuck at 33km/h sometimes for about the first 3km of a drive. If i go faster it indicates correctly'but shakes. After a while its all good and smooth as. Seems to happen more on hot days (today is supposed to be 37C)

CMF_Doom

» CMF Member
Mine was wobbly, got worse and worse, changed the speedo cable and works fine now.also mine used to get stuck at 80.. Pulled it apart and the underside of the needle was just scraping on a raised part of the face.
I just pulled the needle off and stuck it on again, but not pushed on as hard. Problem solved

CMF_Mike R

» CMF Member
my daughters speedo used to stick and we found the front plate that carried the speed markings would warp in the heat and rise up catching the needle , we fixed it by drilling some fine holes in the front plate and wiring it down to the thicker backplate , again the problem occurred on hot days !!!

Back