Jerking Micra

JayY

Owner of The Black Beauty
My mums K11 has just developed a really weird jerking. Pulls away fine, stays in gear, but jerks quite badly.

Any ideas?

Don't think it will be worn engine mounts, cause it feels more like mis-firing.

If it was the throttle body wouldn't it stall?

If it helps the car is a 1993 with 61K

Would you say it's the same as driving the car at low speeds in a high gear? Like it's about to stall?

If so it could be either a clutch issues (but u would also have gear change issues) or possible fuel injectors need cleaning. Worse case - as mentioned - the TB.

JayY said:
Don't think it will be worn engine mounts, cause it feels more like mis-firing.

If it was the throttle body wouldn't it stall?

If it helps the car is a 1993 with 61K

not always... in the k11 the airmass sensor is part of the throttle body, if the air mass meter doesn't work at all then the car won't start because the ECU won't open the injectors cos it thinks there is no air to mix the fuel with.

but if it is a loose connection then it will jerk cos the ECU switches the engine on and off as it gets the dodgy info from the sensor

wilsonian said:
Would you say it's the same as driving the car at low speeds in a high gear? Like it's about to stall?

If so it could be either a clutch issues (but u would also have gear change issues) or possible fuel injectors need cleaning. Worse case - as mentioned - the TB.

Yes its, just like that. No problem selecting the gears

put some injecter cleaner through then and see if that sorts the issue out. if not it sounds like the mixture is running to lean and could be a TB issue.

Also if it's not been replaced in a while swap the fuel filter.

iv got the same problem, i used bottles of injection cleaner but no diffrence. im think the lambda senser? could that be the cause of the problem?

dan

Tried the fuel filter, no diffrents. Going to try the spark plugs next. My mate knows a guy who works in a Nissan garage, he's going to ask him

JayY said:
Tried the fuel filter, no diffrents. Going to try the spark plugs next. My mate knows a guy who works in a Nissan garage, he's going to ask him

EDIT: Lamba sensor could be the problem

is the fault intermitent? i have this problem or dounds similar were my car wants to change my rev limiter to 3k rpm.... i will get a video of this wen i can its really anoying me n i may even go so far as to smash my engine to bits with a sledge hammer

stephen

K11SS said:
is the fault intermitent? i have this problem or dounds similar were my car wants to change my rev limiter to 3k rpm.... i will get a video of this wen i can its really anoying me n i may even go so far as to smash my engine to bits with a sledge hammer

stephen

It really miffed me with your engine - i had no idea what the problem was. Was well weird.

Jay Y, i'd reckon its the TB, common problem as you know etc...

Back