JDM Shift Knob?

Pedanticaly, No they are not because they have never been a stock part on any car produced for the Japanese domestic market.

But obviously as being JDM has evolved to mean any part or modifiaction that has been inspired by what goes on in japanese car culture then yes.

They are often found in a variety of japanese scenes, from boso and drifters through to VIP.

On a related note, anybody know what the thread on a Micra gear leaver is, its definately not a standard metric coarse, I've roughly measured it to be M10x1mm. I've got a scheme for a pretty unique custom gear knob, but I need to sort myself out with a tap to suit the gear leaver shaft.

Pedanticaly, No they are not because they have never been a stock part on any car produced for the Japanese domestic market.

But obviously as being JDM has evolved to mean any part or modifiaction that has been inspired by what goes on in japanese car culture then yes.

They are often found in a variety of japanese scenes, from boso and drifters through to VIP.

On a related note, anybody know what the thread on a Micra gear leaver is, its definately not a standard metric coarse, I've roughly measured it to be M10x1mm. I've got a scheme for a pretty unique custom gear knob, but I need to sort myself out with a tap to suit the gear leaver shaft.

well i got my 8 ball gear knob from http://www.mr8ball.com/catalog/index.php sure you can ask him it fits fine (Y)

On a related note, anybody know what the thread on a Micra gear leaver is, its definately not a standard metric coarse, I've roughly measured it to be M10x1mm. I've got a scheme for a pretty unique custom gear knob, but I need to sort myself out with a tap to suit the gear leaver shaft

Can you not go universal with it?

i made an interference fit (about 9.75mm) on a CNC lathe and knocked a nylon budh into the gear knob and twisted it on, cutting its own thread if you like.

Steve :)

How would they fit in a boso cars?

what gang member wants a gear knob that looks like a sex toy?

lol

JDM is becoming a cover word for anything slightly japanese.

i think your are right about the thread,

the esparco one i had wouldnt fit properly on mine,

if you find out what it is please let me know mark (Y)

JDM is Japanese Domestic Market e.g. anything that can be bought by domestic customers in japan, doesn't have to be stock!

I can't find anywhere to sell them over here?

I want;

Dsc09745.jpg

How would they fit in a boso cars?

what gang member wants a gear knob that looks like a sex toy?

lol

JDM is becoming a cover word for anything slightly japanese.

i think your are right about the thread,

the esparco one i had wouldnt fit properly on mine,

if you find out what it is please let me know mark (Y)

lol!

m10x1.25

Cheers Toney,

Bumhats, just this afternoon I ordered a M10x1 and a M10x1.25 nut from an online supplier to check. I'll get a tap ordered and once I'm done I'll show ya what I'm up to.

I was tempted to get one of those ages ago (nearly bought a few)...but i dunno how much i could live with it :) so for now im sticking with my £2 ka sport one instead ;)

Back