Jap Show Finale

I'll be there....

I'll be on my friends Torque-Power stand, I'll see if i can run but i think it'll be too busy and Q'in takes ages :(

Nis.

welly
james came with ollie
i came with silver_si
fogs_si
mulbers
tommo
raceworx
richmicratwista
nis

some were on other stands tho.

only managed to get one pic all day lol.

Attachments

• 08102006021(2).jpg
    08102006021(2).jpg
    858.6 KB · Views: 235
squarepants said:
did anyone get any pic's? i was going to bring my digital cam but i forgot lol.

Yeah got to be honest, I was looking forward to seeing the pictures, I wanted to make this meet, but I had no bumper...lol

Yes i did run today and as james said i didnt beat the record. I couldnt get a good start at all.

21.27 was my first run, spinning into 3rd. 18.67, spinning into 2nd and 18.31 with a very steady start. i think with a run or two more i would have been damn close if not beaten it.

I will be going again in the very near future though.

Not a very good turn out on the Saturday. just me on the stand, looking like a plank. ha ha.

lol we turned up today and there was no one on the stand lol, you and welly were queing to go onto the track. we though we were the only ones on the msc stand lol.

squarepants said:
lol we turned up today and there was no one on the stand lol, you and welly were queing to go onto the track. we though we were the only ones there lol.

Yea yea, if you had been there on time you would have seen us. Nevermind. Nice parking by the way, I thought you had blocked me out for being the only one in a K10.

Mulbers said:
Yea yea, if you had been there on time you would have seen us. Nevermind. Nice parking by the way, I thought you had blocked me out for being the only one in a K10.

we set off at about 8:00 and arrived at about 10:00ish (we also got lost twice) and we were only supposed to come down for the sunday. we didnt even know you were there because you were on the track so we just parked up normally. we did leave enough room to park but welly and ollie managed to get before you. it was very close to banging doors on each others cars aswell lol, ollie just managed to fit along side silver_si's wife car.

I thought the show was very good, I didn't goto the MSC Stand as from what I heard only 2-3 turned up? I was on a friends stand(Torque-Power.co.uk) which was next to where Raceworx was.

I thought you did very well Mulbers, you beat Welly's 1.3 K11 anyway, The run I saw him do was 19sec's don't know if he managed anymore.

Yeah my car is the CGA3DE engine which is 1348cc (1.4) but its been bored out slightly so it's a lil larger but not much :) Thanks for all the comments I'm hoping to take it up the drag strip next month or late this month. I hope the MSC can get a better stand at the JapShow next year :)

Thanks,

James.

Hey, its all good. Was a good weekend, generaly there was a big turn out. Was nothing like that at the fast show.

I have a few pictures of the weekend, so il post them up in the morning.

Darren where have you been? There is alot about James (Nis) K11 in the K11 area. I'm surprised he didnt clean up any of the pipework before he went though :(. Its larger than a 1.35 now, but not saying specifically how much.

Ed said:
Darren where have you been? There is alot about James (Nis) K11 in the K11 area. I'm surprised he didnt clean up any of the pipework before he went though :(. Its larger than a 1.35 now, but not saying specifically how much.

Pfffffftt!!!

You just don't realise how much work I have done on that car is the last week do you??? tut :p *bends Ed over and spanks him*

On saturday i'll be getting full metal intercooler pipes and a full exhaust system. Even after that I have 2-3 weeks solid work left on it :p

I'm going as fast as I can buy parts in lolol I'm gonna post up a thread tomorrow with some pics and also a Work Progress update :)

Was a great day though at the show, nice to see everyone again :)

Thanks,

James.

There is no excuse the still rusty pipework is an embarrisment to the superb engine that is sitting in there!

Thanks for the comments Nis. I will be back there to bat the record for sure. Some more bits coming ery soon.

I would have like to have seen yours, have read about it and seems a very impressive car. Didnt even know you were there.

Ed said:

If im honest I havent looked at the projecdts much lately, i've been doing so much work on mine i've been gavering ideas etc... I'll soon be reading the projects.

Darren.

Well you'll probably be hearing alot from james about it soon. Its IMO the best K11 there is :) but then I'm biased and can see the potential!

My pics from the day (some of the bloody things got corrupted so a few are missing) - the last couple summed up the stand as of about 3pm Sunday! lol

Attachments

• CONVAR7.jpg
    CONVAR7.jpg
    480 KB · Views: 204
  • CONVAR8.jpg
    CONVAR8.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 215
  • CONVAR13 (Large).jpg
    CONVAR13 (Large).jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 207
  • CONVAR12.jpg
    CONVAR12.jpg
    240 KB · Views: 223
  • CONVAR14.jpg
    CONVAR14.jpg
    320 KB · Views: 213
  • CONVAR15.jpg
    CONVAR15.jpg
    288 KB · Views: 226
  • CONVAR16.jpg
    CONVAR16.jpg
    624 KB · Views: 241
  • CONVAR17 (Large).jpg
    CONVAR17 (Large).jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 217
He actually took it through the car was a few miles from the show!!

Here's a couple of the pics that Ed remastered cos my camera thought it was way too dark lol

Attachments

• CONVAR12(1).jpg
    CONVAR12(1).jpg
    237.4 KB · Views: 205
  • CONVAR15.jpg
    CONVAR15.jpg
    293.8 KB · Views: 222
was going to wash it after football saturday. but had a stiff anckel and no energy. left the house at half 5 sunday just to get to the pod forr around 8ish. i'm sorry mulbers for waking you and rachel up. just couldn't resists.
as for my it's (not good enough to be could times) i had a 19' 18.04 and believe a 18.2, they couldn't find the slip.
this is cause the track was slow the uless nut behind the wheel. and also full street weight, plus socket set and a full tank of fuel. also bp ultimate is rubbish why is there no shell around when you need one.
and james the detour home was great.

Haha I wondered if you'd mention the detour :D I still reckon we got back before people that stayed on the M1, 10 miles of stationary traffic PLUS the 10 miles of 40mph roadworks after that.

So what if the TomTom tried to take us down a private road? :D

No worries Welly, needed to get up and sign in for the strip anyway.

O you had to get the .1 of a second better didnt you, ha ha. I must agree with you on the strip, it seemed very hard to get a good start.

I think that maccy D's will become a regular for me as well.

Im planning on going back there on the 4th Nov, i think. I WILL get the record! Anyone up for a trip there?

Mulbers said:
Im planning on going back there on the 4th Nov, i think. I WILL get the record! Anyone up for a trip there?
saturday 4th is flame and thunder show.
i'm hopefully going down on on the 5th nov if all goes to plan. possibly taking some work mates aswell.

silver_si said:
saturday 4th is flame and thunder show.
i'm hopefully going down on on the 5th nov if all goes to plan. possibly taking some work mates aswell.

i think i might go down on the 5th for that one

o yea. i knew the 4th had something about it. Well there just have to make room for me. ha ha

I wouldnt mind a front row seat on the start line, but i think mine needs a bit more work on it before i take it down the strip lol.

this is what my saturday night at japshow involved....

100_0369.jpg

(note rich lookin as chilled as ever)

100_0365.jpg

i am normal. honest.

and my best purchases (excluding initial D AE86 which i got 6 months ago)

Image009.jpg

tom

Back