JAE 2013 - Discussion Thread!

How about having us along the back between the tree and the marquee

Yeah that's not a bad idea. On the full plan, the area to the left of us is not used at all, so we may be able to "borrow" some of that too ;)

Ebisu.jpg

James there may be a slight problem with where the camping is, people will be trampling through the tents to get to the toilets

Would it be worth having the camping along the back of g1 and h1, having the marquee at the front of h1. Then putting the micra's along the front of g1 an i1 with non micra's at the top of i1

My concern with the join between H1 and I1 is exactly that, JAE have put a path to the toilets right through the two stands (that double line is a pathway) so we can't just put cars over it unfortunately :(

Here's the layout with a satellite image overlaid to give it a bit more "real world" appearance.

Although I'm now concerned about there being two trees on the satellite view!

EEzAlSF.png

Is the overlay to scale?

I tried to scale it correctly, but it may be a tad out, I'm basically relying on JAE's plan of Wicksteed Park and aligning the satellite image to that.

Edit: But 2 years ago when we were down by the lake, they showed us on the plan as having one tree on our stand, when in real world terms, we had like 3!

Er man not gunna be putting my car no where near a drunk toilet run path. How's this going to work. Were we to the stand on the right last year?

Er man not gunna be putting my car no where near a drunk toilet run path. How's this going to work. Were we to the stand on the right last year?

Yes, we were. But for some reason, although we were told we could have our old plot if we came to the reps meeting, they told me someone else had booked it instead. Was not happy to say the least.

what about having the camping and our big tents between the trees at G1 and behind them. cars up front on g1 and h1, and try to figure out on site with the jae guys, to reroute the path to the toilets? as the I1 is mainly useless like this in my opinion.

what about having the camping and our big tents between the trees at G1 and behind them. cars up front on g1 and h1, and try to figure out on site with the jae guys, to reroute the path to the toilets? as the I1 is mainly useless like this in my opinion.

Good idea Mik. I've emailed JAE and I'll let you know what they! :)

OK, an update. The pathway will have to stay, but it's being marked in bright yellow paint. HOWEVER, the area to the left of our stand that's unallocated, provided no one tries to steal it, can be used for our cars.

So long as we don't put tents under the trees we've been given a free reign over that area :)

it's in case a branch snaps as it's an act of god and not covered by their public liability inaurance. Tbh I'd say it more as the grass under the tree will take longer to recover than the rest of the grass so it's an eye sore for longer...

Erm... event starts thursday now right?
Guessing camping that night too?
Sorry think ive miss read something somewhere not a 100% with all this yet so many questions but will do some more digging first.

Also I will be traveling up through kings lynne way to avoid *cough* speed cameras *cough*
Just wondering if anyone was coming from that sort of direction and who id have to keep a look out for.

Erm... event starts thursday now right?
Guessing camping that night too?
Sorry think ive miss read something somewhere not a 100% with all this yet so many questions but will do some more digging first.

Yep, starts Thursday. The gates officially open at 3pm, but that's for everyone, not just the general public, so our stand won't be ready until at least 5pm.

IF YOU ARRIVE BEFORE THEN, YOU ACCEPT THE RESPONSIBILITY OF HELPING MYSELF, CARRIE AND MIK SET UP! ;)

Yep, starts Thursday. The gates officially open at 3pm, but that's for everyone, not just the general public, so our stand won't be ready until at least 5pm.

IF YOU ARRIVE BEFORE THEN, YOU ACCEPT THE RESPONSIBILITY OF HELPING MYSELF, CARRIE AND MIK SET UP! ;)
Ok james me and clodo are more than happy to help its the least we can do after all the hard work you put into organising this for us. :)

Oh temptation! You know what, if I can borrow a hard hat from work I'll bring it, think all ours are blue though, will hunt down a white foremans one! I already have a hi vis jacket...

Oh temptation! You know what, if I can borrow a hard hat from work I'll bring it, think all ours are blue though, will hunt down a white foremans one! I already have a hi vis jacket...
I can bring hard hats we have about 50 at work haha and there bob the builder yellow haha :D

I can bring hard hats we have about 50 at work haha and there bob the builder yellow haha :D
Health and safety officer should wear white (easier to stop what you're doing in time when you can see him coming!)
That said if I can't borrow one beforehand I'll be more than happy to take a bob the builder one :)

I know what I'd wear...
QlkwDl9.png

:D

+ 5 points for the reference, MicraPRO you should get this one! ;)

Back