I've been offered......

R05_Micra

Ex. Club Member
a car. rite sorry this aint micra related, but i need you help. been offered a V reg fiat brava for £100, reason? head gasket needs doing (a fiat that needs a H/G :eek:) anyways, been quoted £150 to fix by my mates dad, you recon i should go for it? clean car inside n out, still has a bit tax too but the H/G has just when, the guy said he's cleaned n replaced plugs n it fired but,well, there fulla oil again lol. should i take a chance? mebe if i bought a haynes n had a sprare day you think i could do it my self? cheers guys.

h/g blow and filling cylinders with oil? sounds to me like its more than just a blown h/g, i'd steer clear of it if it was me

h/g blow and filling cylinders with oil? sounds to me like its more than just a blown h/g, i'd steer clear of it if it was me

i'll ring him a double check, its my lecturer at college so ill ask him. said its fires ok n the h/g has just gone. £35 for replacment gasket on ebay so i see about the oil n see if its worth buying.

if it's blowing oil into the chambers then it could be pretty bad, its nearly as likely that the head has warped as the gasket blowing, especially if its overheated, but that easy sorted with a skim, its probably worth it as they fetch about £900 in decent nick.

if it's blowing oil into the chambers then it could be pretty bad, its nearly as likely that the head has warped as the gasket blowing, especially if its overheated, but that easy sorted with a skim, its probably worth it as they fetch about £900 in decent nick.

thats what im thinking. TBH, ive wanted to get into the buyin cars n selling em for a profit lol, but £100 car, £200 repair? £00 then sell for what ever when its done with 12 months MOT + tax, could net a profit lol. but where do i get the head skimed if it needs doing? im gonna get the gasket off ebay n see if i can fit it myself, but where would do skimming?

Back