itrip

Mat.T

Ex. Club Member
I've been looking at these itrip things on ebay, has any one had any experiances with them, are they any good?

cheers Mat

50/50 really... few guys i know say they are poor sound quality... but others love them...

i dont doubt the technology, just dont expect it to be too brilliant...

i have, and use one. very good results. well worth the £20 i payed for it.

I have two, one for the 4th gen and 5th now. they are both good. Just gotta be patiant with them. 87.9 i use, just make sure its a dead channel tho or there will some static. illegal in this contry tho. Nevermind eh.

Yeah, its the thing you plug in and you choose a frequency between 87.7 and 107.9.

Not being pedantic or anything, but I think they're actually illegal to use (but not to buy) in the UK as you aren't allowed to use anything that transmits an FM signal without a license from Ofcom.

Website selling the iTrip:
The use of FM transmitters in the UK contravenes the UK Wireless Telegraphy Act of 1949. The Purchaser warrants that it shall comply in all material respects with all applicable laws, regulations or codes of conduct practice (whether statotory or otherwise) of the uk and that all licences permissions all concerns required for using itrip & other fm transmitters have been obtained and are in full force and effect. By purchasing FM Transmitters you agree to idemnify us from any legal consequences of its use.
I don't think they're gonna find you out though ;)

But then again, I would say if you have the money, to get a direct interface with your headunit. I bought the Pioneer CDB-I1000 (or whatever the code is) and it gives your headunit full control of the iPod, and displays the tracks on screen etc - very nice :)

James.

yeah my mates done that james, jot his iPod on show, like next to the headunit on the dash, pink one, looks nice and expensive lol!

james the ib100 whats sound like through it im thinking of getting one n how easy is it to get through the thousands of songs on the ipod

Soundwise is fine, no complaints at all :)

It's very useful - Up and down on your headunit goes through the fields (you can choose to go by Artist, Album, Genre or Playlist) and left and rights skips through the tracks for whichever one of the above you have chosen. With 300 albums or whatever you have on it can take a while though so I just drag and drop interesting playlists onto my iPod in iTunes and use those usually :)

James.

interesting stuff!, i dont acctually have an ipod lol, i was just trying to get round a problem, both my K10 and my Truimph are running standard am/fm radios no cassettes, I dont really want to buy another cd player for the k10 after the last one got pinched and the Triumph would just look wrong with a modern radio :D

Back