Items damaged during transit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chrismc

I purchased a Bonnet & Tailgate with a pair of mirrors from this guy that he described as in "mint" condition..for £130

However once they arrived & i unpacked them, they were anything but mint. The corner of the tailgate has a scrape & is bent over, & the bonnet has various dings & lumps out of it.

The damage may have occurred during Transit from DHL, & now despite trying to resolve the situation, & file a claim with the couriers, it seems i am stuck with said damaged items.

It seems that now i have parted with my £130, he is unwilling to offer any kind of refund/contribution to repairs as he claims both items were "mint" when they left him:suspect:

Just wanted to make other MSC users aware, as i believe this is a pretty shabby stance to take in all honesty fwn

Very unimpressed & very disgruntled with all things Micra TBH:(

This would never happen over on our SWDUBS.CO.UK forum!

you cant judge the whole micra community by one idiot, i have had a bad experiance trading on the msc but having said that the majority of people on here are good decent people.

sorry to hear about whats happened tho, it isnt nice :(

i know mate its not nice, thats why i never transport bodypanels coz teh micra ones arnt excatly strong. maybe the vw are different. ive traded on here a lot and have nothin but good experiances. leave bad feedabk on him to warn everyone else

If i posted something and it was damaged in the post then i wouldnt offer a refund.

take it up with the delivery company and dont slate the seller,

It shouldn't be too hard to tell if it was damaged in post or not. Infact it should be quite obvious.

Mark said:
If i posted something and it was damaged in the post then i wouldnt offer a refund.

take it up with the delivery company and dont slate the seller,

Just to make you aware Mark.......fwn

It is the "SELLERS" responsibility to take up any dispute with the delivery company seeing as he/she arranged the delivery....

My whole point is as he has my £130 already, & though he contacted the couriers, he is hardly going to fight my corner particularly hard when they refute the claim.....thus i am stuck with 2 damaged panels & a seller who is not going to budge.

If the body panels had of been properly packaged for starters, then this greatly reduces the scope for damage during transit. Some of the damage looks as if it had been done during transit...but perhaps not all.

Some people are trustworthy & good eggs, others are not

Sorry to hear about the panels mate, I really hope you get it sorted.

In ssbnreso's defence I bought 2 super s bumpers from him which arrived in perfect condition.

Please don't take that comment to mean that I am taking sides cos I'm not, I just thought that people should also know I received some things ok. :grinning:

I agree with don't judge us all by one incident but in defence of the seller from personal and professional experience couriers are basically **** (on average our couriers lose and damage 20 plasma and LCD's a month) but in the couriers defence the seller could of covered himself by taking photos of the packagin so you could comapre on arrival and I would say it's sellers reponsibility to agrue with courier.

Hope it gets resolved somehow, good luck!

Thanks Haylz....

Its only the attitude when push comes to shove that i find so disappointing.

Metal body panels need very careful packaging to avoid damage & i think mine could have been packed much better....there was no sign of a fragile sticker & the panel corners had no extra padding:(

Oh well, he has my £130 now so no point in going on about it:glare: No sign of a gesture of good will so that is that. Just wanted to make folks aware!!fwn

Haylz said:
Sorry to hear about the panels mate, I really hope you get it sorted.

In ssbnreso's defence I bought 2 super s bumpers from him which arrived in perfect condition.

Please don't take that comment to mean that I am taking sides cos I'm not, I just thought that people should also know I received some things ok. :grinning:

cheers haylz

no amount of packing can stop damage occuring if somebody just throws a parcel about without a care. i don't think couriers no the meaning of the word fragile

i filed a claim against DHL but they said that as the parcel had been signed for as being recieved in good condition the claim was invalid and that the person who recieved the parcel should have checked it before they signed for it.

You can't judge everyone by one person mate. Couriers do bash things about. I bought my seats and one of he mounts came twisted, same thing happened to Allan. When my suspension arrived, it was poking through the boxes as it had just been thrown in.

ssbnreso said:
i filed a claim against DHL but they said that as the parcel had been signed for as being recieved in good condition the claim was invalid and that the person who recieved the parcel should have checked it before they signed for it.

It really is a stupid rule that, do you really think Mr Delivery Driver is going to hang about at your door while you stand and unpack and inspect the item? Somehow I think not.

scottish-sr said:
It really is a stupid rule that, do you really think Mr Delivery Driver is going to hang about at your door while you stand and unpack and inspect the item? Somehow I think not.

DHL rule not mine!

chrismc said:
The damage may have occurred during Transit from DHL, & now despite trying to resolve the situation, & file a claim with the couriers, it seems i am stuck with said damaged items.

you know the damage was done in transit!

ssbnreso said:

Unfortunately as annoying as all this is. That is in fact true and correct, we accept loads of deliveries at work from our suppliers and most now cover themselves against the poor workmenship of the courier by stating "all items must be checked on delivery" If the delivery is signed as good then ssbnreso as the seller filling a complaint / claim will not have a leg to stand on. The key is the signing of the delivery.

Even if the packaging looks fine with no apparant damage, always un-pack the item, check for damage and then sign for the courier, they cannot leave until you do so. Make them wait for you, in some cases you can sign un-checked, but this isn't full proof. Un-packing the item and signing as damaged would enable the seller to file a claim and refund the buyer.

no amount of packing can stop damage occuring if somebody just throws a parcel about without a care. i don't think couriers no the meaning of the word fragile

Re-inforceing the edges of boxes that have sharpe or angled edges makes a big difference to how they cope during delivery. packing with extra cardboard and bubble wrap helps. Photo's should have been taken prior to posting and on opening by both parties.

If the item wasn't properly secured and packaged considering what was being sent then the buyer will feel he has a right to some sort of refund, but then the delivery was signed for un-damaged and should have been checked by the buyer.

For future advice to anyone buying and selling.

Seller
1. Ensure items are packaged to carry the knocks during transit. Protecting any area's that "could" easily damage.
2. Take photo's of items packaged.
3. Send item with insurance.

Buyer
1. On delivery, make the driver wait until you have opened the item, then sign for it, the driver cannot leave until you have done so, if they do the courier doesn't have a leg to stand on with a claim - YOU MUST DO THIS
2. Take photo's of the packaging as proof of the damage.

Kev

Fragile is not a word couriers know!

He or she does not really care about your package when they have 30 - 50 stops to do by 5pm

I should know - I used to manage couriers for. . . . . Not going to say!!

Good advice Kev!

chrismc said:
Thats me -£130 then:down:

you paid £130 for tailgate with glass, bonnet, two wing mirrors and a drivers door handle. £30 was postage.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b310/ssbnreso/cc4.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b310/ssbnreso/cc3.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b310/ssbnreso/cc2.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b310/ssbnreso/cc1.jpg

the damage isn't major and won't cost a lot to put right so if i gave u the £50 refund as u asked u are getting a canny bargin (bonnet, taigate, mirrors and handle for £50!)

ssbnreso said:
you paid £130 for tailgate with glass, bonnet, two wing mirrors and a drivers door handle. £30 was postage.

the damage isn't major and won't cost a lot to put right so if i gave u the £50 refund as u asked u are getting a canny bargin (bonnet, taigate, mirrors and handle for £50!)

thats no attitude to take, "oh i sold you a telly but the screen was smashed, just pay to get it fixed" Good your making the effort to refund though. I think this should be a lesson to all for future. Oh and by the way £100 for all that is a mint price. I paid £65 for a bonnet or so that wasnt even same colour as my car, came all the way from Cornwall and arrived in mint condition (courtesy of beachboy)

chrismc said:
Some people are trustworthy & good eggs, others are not
haha quote of the month, sorry to go off topic but just humerous

ssbnreso said:

So instead of hanging me out to dry, hows about showing some sort of compassion & offering me "something" towards it???

This is the bit that is annoying me. You dont want to be left out of pocket by DHL's mess up, but you are happy for me to be now you have my money!!!.....If you had packed it better & protected the panel corners, along with some protection BETWEEN the bonnet/tailgate then they wouldnt have got damaged IMO!!!!!!!!!

Though the damage is repairable, REMEMBER, It will all be done at MY cost as it stands & at MY inconvenience transporting the panels!

Your "Canny Bargain" will be anything but.......

Big_ben said:
thats no attitude to take, "oh i sold you a telly but the screen was smashed, just pay to get it fixed" Good your making the effort to refund though. I think this should be a lesson to all for future. Oh and by the way £100 for all that is a mint price. I paid £65 for a bonnet or so that wasnt even same colour as my car, came all the way from Cornwall and arrived in mint condition (courtesy of beachboy)

Thats just it Ben....He "ISNT" interested in offering me a penny...

& that "it wont cost much to fix" attitude stinks, especially towards a fellow MSC member

I would estimate repairs will be no less than £100 once paint & labour to fill/repair the damage is accounted for:suspect:

ssbnreso - are those images ones you took before you sent it? and did chrismc know the condition, or are those images after it was received?

micra_pete said:
ssbnreso - are those images ones you took before you sent it? and did chrismc know the condition, or are those images after it was received?

those are ones he took when he recieved

the panels were UNDAMAGED when they were sent no matter chrismc is trying to imply

micra_pete said:

thats what i was thinking...

i think you two guys need to sort this out and put an end to the matter...

i think you both learnt something from this experience...

i'm sure moderators will shut down this thread soon, if it carrys on the way it is...

chrismc unfortunatly there is NOTHING you can do, if the seller cudnt care a less and wont accept any responsibilty which he CLEARLY isnt.

happens a lot when trading with car parts unfortunatly - once the seller is shut of an item they jus dnt really want to know, even if they are partially responsible.

How were the goods paid for? If you paid for these goods via paypal, you could attempt to get your money back using the dispute / resolution system, but i have to agree with the points raise above. Goods should always be checked before you sign, and if the courier isnt going to hang around, then write that on the form your signing.

Well maybe if the buyer didn't just sign for collection before accepting the condition wouldn't have this problem.
Blame works both ways here and the fact he's offered compensation means he is taking some responsibility.
If you're reply to this is gonna be aimed at me or another insult to the seller like your're first post refering to him as an idiot don't bother because I'll report it to mods and let them have fun with it instead!

items should be checked on deliery i agree, however its just never done is it? if the packaging was poor then the seller should at least give a crap rather then jus take the "tough crap" attitude. yeah report me to the mods, wudnt b the first time ive almost been banned from here.

If he diddnt post the goods wrapped up correctly he is at fault
If he then recieved the goods and diddnt check the quality before signing he is at fault.
Doesnt matter who is out of pocket, your both as bad as each other - and then to come and shout "ITS HIS FAULT" at each other shows that you need to re-do school.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back