Is it the same???

CMF_sparcolite

» CMF Member
Guys, anyone knows if GA15/16DE manifold n crank pulley is the exact same size n fitment for CG10DE? Moving along to CG13DE but wanted to make sure e parts can be brought along.

mik

» CMF Member
The Crankpulley is not exactly equal. I got a GA16 at home, CG13 have a two belt pulley, the ga16 has three belts. But you could change it, the pulleys will fit.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
The GA's here in australia only use 2 belts, in the same fashion as the micra. One big'un for alternator & aircon, and a little'un for the water pump and power steering.

A trip to the wreckers is definately on the cards here!

CMF_sparcolite

» CMF Member
Post some findings if u've got any from e wreckers. Definately aprreciated. BTW, any clue as to locate a nissan cube centre console?

CMF_nz_aj

» CMF Member
Pretty sure I've seen GA motors with only one pulley too, just running an alternator & waterpump.
Aren't most nissan motors supposed to be internally balanced, so there should be no issues with harmonic inbalance?

I don't know if the RS5F41A used in the K10 with the MA motors has the same bell housing as the CG in the K11.
The CG & GA have the same bell housing so any combination of those will bolt up.
From all accounts a CG13 will quickly wear / break the clutch & RS5F41A used with the CG10. A GA will be even more of a problem.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Yeh I thought all nissan motors are internally balanced as well. Not only that but nissan cranks are meant to be the best in the business as far as build quality and natural balancing go.

In saying that, the rubber insert on the pulleys as a harmonic balancer usually isnt thrown in for no reason. I'd want to keep it if nissans engineers thought it was required at time of build.

Not using one of the belt runners won't be a problem either. The belts shouldn't be tight enough to put pressure on the rubber insert of the pulley. ;)

Back