Is a 1.4 really any better than a 1.3?

Would it really be worth my while seeking out a 1.4 as opposed to just buying a 1.3? about 75cc bigger and about 8hp more power I believe, not sure about the gearing, guessing it will be the same?

Any informed views appreciated thanks :grinning:

Depends on what you plan to do with the lump, modifying wise its worth searching for a cga3de lump, but if you just after a new lump and maybe some small mods then the cg13de should be fine, not much different standard.

At the moment I'm looking for a whole running car, and also a scrapper to try and get the engine in a mini subframe like bigchief does in Tabago.

I notice the CGA3DE puts out 101 PS in the cube, I wonder how they achieved that over the 79 PS that it has in the Micra?

if its pre 2001 the 1.4 engine wont work, the loom and job lot will need changing to accomidate the coil pack ignition iirc.

Thanks for that. By the way your car looks quite cool in matt black fwn

At the moment I'm looking for a whole running car, and also a scrapper to try and get the engine in a mini subframe like bigchief does in Tabago.

I notice the CGA3DE puts out 101 PS in the cube, I wonder how they achieved that over the 79 PS that it has in the Micra?

the cube had a better inlet cam and a tubular exhaust manifold :)

tbh as said before, depends what you got... imo it is faster then a 1.3 though, noticeably. especially after modifications

what do you currently have?

Just if you got a micra before 2000, its going to bea really hard conversion and 1.3 might be the way to go...

Back