Irish members (ROI)

No harm, us Irish will prevail
emoji23.png
emoji23.png
emoji23.png

Don't we always, what are you driving now

Sent from my SM-G903F using Micra Sports Club mobile app

MK3 Mondeo 2.0 TDCI at the moment, had arranged for a K11 in Offaly for a project car on Thursday for €250, I didn't even haggle with the f***er and I told him I would be up on Saturday (yesterday) for it. Rang him yesterday morning and He told me he had sold it. I asked him why he told me he would hold it for the 2 days and he said I got offered more money for it. When I asked him how much he sold it for he said €260.

Really like for the sake of a tenner ffs.

Shes tidy looking alright, much is it going for?

Didn't mean to attach *that* pic, that's another Micra from here in the North that's been up for sale a couple of times in the past year. It's actually had loads of work done on it, had a 1.3 put in, dummy cat with cherry bomb. I'd love it but it's had so many owners and so quickly that there must be something wrong with it. Last I saw it up was up for £900.

Pre facelift are by far the best in my opinion, though first facelifts look nice with very little done to them

Yeah I agree I searched for ages for a nice pre face when I had to replace my 97 but settled for a 2000.

Shes tidy looking alright, much is it going for?

Didn't mean to attach *that* pic, which is of another Micra which keeps popping up for sale here in the North (it's been around). Had some work done to it though and looks great. Has a 1.3 a dummy mid box I think. I saw it IRL y chance and it sounded great.

Anyway here's the most recent pic of my yoke. I've got coilovers, and a panhard rod on the way, a set of Steffan RS design alloys at home and picking up March rear lights tomorrow. Will look much better then but I'm starting to like the look of it now. I still don't love it like I did my 97 (facelifts don't have the retro charm imo) but there's a lot too be said for the faceliifts, a lot of design flaws have been fixed with the car. Small things you only notice when taking them apart etc.

Racecar jelly.jpg

Didn't mean to attach *that* pic, which is of another Micra which keeps popping up for sale here in the North (it's been around). Had some work done to it though and looks great. Has a 1.3 a dummy mid box I think. I saw it IRL y chance and it sounded great.

Anyway here's the most recent pic of my yoke. I've got coilovers, and a panhard rod on the way, a set of Steffan RS design alloys at home and picking up March rear lights tomorrow. Will look much better then but I'm starting to like the look of it now. I still don't love it like I did my 97 (facelifts don't have the retro charm imo) but there's a lot too be said for the faceliifts, a lot of design flaws have been fixed with the car. Small things you only notice when taking them apart etc.

View attachment 52593
Where'd you get the coilovers from?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Micra Sports Club mobile app

Where'd you get the coilovers from?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Micra Sports Club mobile app

I got the cheaper set of coilovers from Fury Autoworx and their panahard rod. I think its just the height thats adjustable on them (description says "for the cheap lows").I didn't actually ask if thats what they do, just making assumptions haha. All i really want is for the car to sit pretty when im in the city but have the ability to lift it up for when i drive to my fiancé's childhood home in Donegal.

What sort of things did they fix on the facelift? I didn't realise they changed much apart from the front end and interior

Theres the power sterring etc but thats preference. Im probably not alone in preferring non powered when driving quickly etc Although parking is even easier.

But i was actually thinking about my personal experience in taking apart the dash etc. much much handier. headlights were easier to remove. But its still much the same car with a few new panels.

Both of mine have been 1 litres but my facelift is definitely quicker.

Yeah power steering was only an option on the pre facelifts. I'd say you're right about the headlights, both of mine are stuck by either spinning bolts in the headlights or the grill clips not coming out.
Dashboards are usually a lot better in facelifts of every car alright, cos they often have to redesign them to get rid of squeaks and stuff

Yeah power steering was only an option on the pre facelifts. I'd say you're right about the headlights, both of mine are stuck by either spinning bolts in the headlights or the grill clips not coming out.
Dashboards are usually a lot better in facelifts of every car alright, cos they often have to redesign them to get rid of squeaks and stuff

Had spinning bolts in the headlights of my pre face. i ended up just pulling the bolts through the steel. I didnt have a problem with panel clips althoigh taking the grill off was a pain.

Just had a look under my car today properly on a lift. Looks like it will be scrapped come MOT. Engine is sweet as a nut and everythings grand. so I guess ill be selling it when the time comes to someone who wants to break it.

Genuinely if someone is selling a rust free 3 door let me know. Conversely if someone is looking for a car with perfect running gear let me know thanks.

Just for the craic here's my revised to do list.

Attachments

• to do list.JPG
    to do list.JPG
    26.1 KB · Views: 226
Last edited:
I'm seriously considering just getting the welding work done to the car.

It might work out cheaper i than buying a new one and it would be sad to see it go due to rot.

Pity you weren't here where I am, fella here does class welding for pennies.
Took my van in for a quote from a body shop for patches on my van sill....£160 - he did a lovely job for £40

Pity you weren't here where I am, fella here does class welding for pennies.
Took my van in for a quote from a body shop for patches on my van sill....£160 - he did a lovely job for £40

It really is all about who you know, I'm starting to make friends with the scrappy and the tyre guy (everyone seems to have a soft spot for the k11) but I still need a welder on my team haha.

Pics like this make me not want to lose my wee yok

the jellly.JPG

Emmmmm so it was too rusty to fix so...

I bought a new one and did some work to it.

Liquorice Whip.JPG

Has a set off alloyss in the boot so it looks lower in the back. think I will raise the rear anyway just because I like a dipped nose.

Back